Attaching drop boxes?

Hey gang, I am trying to prep a few things for my incoming soft goods and was curious on people's thoughts on the best way to attach the ammo drop boxes to the belt. I am seeing a few pictures of people using (what I am assuming are) pop-rivets, while others look to be dabs/globs of glue and a third method of some sort of interiorly tucked elastic. I am not seeing any guidelines in the CRL for how the elastic attaches to the drop box so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Thanks,

BW

I just use E6000 glue, make sure you rough up the surface first on the drop box to help the glue adhere to it.

Rivets were screen accurate but can pull through the elastic, using washers helps ;)

large.Toqq9WB.jpg.818097b4da8e242913ad0c

89400-cent-30.jpg

There's snaps on mine. Really useful to be honest. I hinged them to hold keys and money. Nice to pop off a box, open it, and pay for ice cream without taking off my helmet.

10 minutes ago, revlimiter said:

89400-cent-30.jpg

There's snaps on mine. Really useful to be honest. I hinged them to hold keys and money. Nice to pop off a box, open it, and pay for ice cream without taking off my helmet.

Oooooo. I like that idea. Did you use a formal hinge or improvise something? I have plenty of extra snaps so that is a promising idea.

I only used E6000 to glue the cordura strap to the belt boxes and the plastic belt piece. The cordura straps are not glued to the cordura belt (Note: I used cordura, rather than canvas, as I built a shock trooper, as noted in the respective CRL), but I probably should to make a stronger connection.

I made sure to scratch up the relevant spot of the belt boxes and plastic belt piece with sand paper to allow the glue to make better contact. 

fSnK2Fa.jpg

7805Nwn.jpg

23 hours ago, SublimeBW said:

Oooooo. I like that idea. Did you use a formal hinge or improvise something? I have plenty of extra snaps so that is a promising idea.

tk107.jpg

This pretty well sums it up. Elastic to make a hinge and strong velcro at the top to keep it closed.  It's in the 2nd page of my build thread (in my sig) and THIS might be the link to that post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revlimiter said:

tk107.jpg

This pretty well sums it up. Elastic to make a hinge and strong velcro at the top to keep it closed.  It's in the 2nd page of my build thread (in my sig) and THIS might be the link to that post.

Thanks for the details! I give it a review and see about getting it knocked out.