Shoulder to bicep strap

https://imgur.com/a/AI70CGo

Hi all, I got this armor second-hand a while back and am finally getting around to finishing it up.  I just wanted to make sure that I had this right before I did anything else, so I had a few questions. 

1. To connect the shoulder to the bicep, should I just use more elastic fabric and E6000?

2. The shoulders are slightly different, does it matter which one goes on which side?  Doesn't really seem like there is a pattern.

3. How far up does the bicep need to go into the shoulder?  

Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, TwistedZen said:

https://imgur.com/a/AI70CGo

Hi all, I got this armor second-hand a while back and am finally getting around to finishing it up.  I just wanted to make sure that I had this right before I did anything else, so I had a few questions. 

1. To connect the shoulder to the bicep, should I just use more elastic fabric and E6000?

2. The shoulders are slightly different, does it matter which one goes on which side?  Doesn't really seem like there is a pattern.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jason, welcome to FISD

Looking at the photo (by the way you can use the Direct link option to post the image directly ,no as a link, into the post.), it looks like your armor is a RS prop master one.

Yes, you can just glue the elastic if you have sized it correctly . You could use some snaps to allow making modifications to the elastic if needed (bellow a diagram and some images)

SALdleM.jpg?1 

P5dqx0D.jpg

6gxPtX0.jpg

2. The shoulders are slightly different, does it matter which one goes on which side?  Doesn't really seem like there is a pattern.

As a ruler of thumbs, in an accurate armor kit, the one with the the swoop at the bottom like that should be worn on the left/hand shoulder.

RfBGmti.jpg   

It would depend on how they fit on your arms but it's supposed to let you move your arm to hold your weapon 

Pwj3gZy.jpg   

hjPdirc.jpg

• Like 2

I like to use double snaps as I've had one fail on the shoulder before, also if you bring your connection point further forward it help to bring the forearms in at the front at rest.

doublesnaps.png.45c96ea34f6dc12a9ec36bbd60d629f3.png

1MTWUi1.jpg.8c5db8ea9f1132f18b1adbf2b5059069.jpg