New here, best TK supplier options in AU?

Hi everyone,

Was referred over to these forums from my closest garrison (Redback Garrison) and I'm wondering whether anyone can recommend the best option(s) for sourcing vac-formed TK armour in Australia. Pretty much all of the suppliers I've found online are US or UK based and the international shipping is insane, especially for someone working on a tight budget. Only supplier I've found who is based in Australia is ChristhePropGuy but everything on his website is out of stock and I'm pretty sure he's taking some sort of extended break. I'm looking to make either a regular stormtrooper or possibly a sandtrooper or magma trooper depending on how much more expensive those would be.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: Might be worth mentioning this is my first ever build and I don't really have any technical skills/experience in costume/armour making or finishing.

Edited by Croissant_Guard

Hi Ben, Andrew from Redback Garrison, 

Currently there is no Auusie make of a full TK KIT that has lineage to the originals.   CTPG (Chris the prop guy) in Victoria was working on TK armour, he has a helmet available that does have lineage to a helmet from the movies. I know him well and assisted him as much as possible with his 3D files to get the armour as close as possible. A true fan sculpts. He has also pulled a few kits in ABS and has been 501st approved in it.  You can find him and his shop on Facebook.

Several kits that do have that are all based in US, Canada and the UK.

In many cases not just the helmet is cast from and original but also many parts of the armour. Thats pretty much as good as it gets for Stormtrooper armour and you can find these makers on our vetted sellers list. See below link.

Also feel free to reach out to me directly Brisbane Based, always happy to help.

w link

52 minutes ago, Croissant_Guard said:

Edit: Might be worth mentioning this is my first ever build and I don't really have any technical skills/experience in costume/armour making or finishing.

Hello and welcome aboard, don't panic many of us who have come before you have been in exactly the same spot.

As well as link Andrew has given you there is this compiled thread for everything you may need on your journey which should make things a little easier.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are no silly questions, just silly mistakes from not asking a question ;) 

Good luck