Gree's Rebels TK Build.....Squad Leader

Going to go ahead and start this build thread as it will hold for the future builders if they decide to also do some research. 

My kit will be from WTF and my pauldron (orange) has been ordered from Etsy from a store called "ArtneoES". I spoke with the owner about the requirements for the Pauldron as stated in the CRL and he assured me that they could do them as stated and would not be "puffy". My big push right now is for the Detachment staff to get behind me in adding the insignia that is seen on the pauldron on the episodes that show on Thrawn's ship. I am thinking the insignia will be a vinyl print and would sit more flush than a stitch or a patch would, and would flow better with the "animated" feel of the costume. I will be more than happy to work with and in conjunction with any Detachment team member to get this pushed to be added. Below shows what I am talking about. Will also update with info on other items as they come in. Boots will most likely be chealsea boots but will continue to look for more accurate boots as I would like to take this TK to Centurion. Any help or advice or imput would be appreciated. 

9DYnoVz.pnghDWdKnb.jpg

• Like 1

Boots came in and will be working on them this week. Only issue I have with them, but working on it, is they are press branded in the side of the heel. If anyone knows how to get that brand out would be greatly appreciated. The boots are a leather or leather like vinyl that will be painted white. there is also a rubber sole that is ridged. The sole is technically flat as required by the CRL but does have some cuts in it that I want to get rid of to make it smooth like the animated version. I have already taken a sander to the sole and it worked great getting them to flatten out in the back, so will do this to the rest of the sole and make them more accurate. I will post pics this afternoon. 

Pauldron should be finished sometime this week and shipped out. Hoping to have it in hand to add pics next week and get it added to the CRL

Edited by Commander Gree
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 10:45 AM, Commander Gree said:

Boots came in and will be working on them this week. Only issue I have with them, but working on it, is they are press branded in the side of the heel. If anyone knows how to get that brand out would be greatly appreciated. The boots are a leather or leather like vinyl that will be painted white. there is also a rubber sole that is ridged. The sole is technically flat as required by the CRL but does have some cuts in it that I want to get rid of to make it smooth like the animated version. I have already taken a sander to the sole and it worked great getting them to flatten out in the back, so will do this to the rest of the sole and make them more accurate. I will post pics this afternoon. 

Pauldron should be finished sometime this week and shipped out. Hoping to have it in hand to add pics next week and get it added to the CRL

What size boot do you wear? I have a pair from the original run IB did years back. Never pulled the trigger on the TK. I recently finished a rebels TB instead. If you are interested, let me know, they are a size 10.

What size boot do you wear? I have a pair from the original run IB did years back. Never pulled the trigger on the TK. I recently finished a rebels TB instead. If you are interested, let me know, they are a size 10.

Size 12/13.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So have been talking with CS about this but need to post it here as well. My Pauldron came in and was submitted, and accepted, for an accessory of the Rebel TK for the CRL

AZ24jCU.jpgSgx1MJj.jpg

Insignia is a decal. 

• Like 2

Was definitely worth those updates by the maker, great when a supplier get's on board and takes feedback positively :D 

• Like 1

Was definitely worth those updates by the maker, great when a supplier get's on board and takes feedback positively  
Yup! I definitely will suggest anyone looking for a Pauldron, live action or animated, go this route.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtneoES?ref=header_seller_shop_name&campaign_label=shipped_no_tracking_number_exp_treatment&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=shipped_no_tracking_number_exp_treatment_010170_1177663002201_0_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1691417337&euid=GbEzWW6BAVkqVySDWXlMu5uYXEuN&eaid=46109880495&x_eaid=86b45f61c2&link_clicked=7

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Big news! My BBB should be here tomorrow. Per Walt's instruction, I ordered a Ton of Devcon to help with the assembly. From the pictures I have seen of the kit, Walt made some interesting choices with how he decided to create his molds, but I will make it work. I love that the Rebels TK has the "lines" built into them, but the shin molds appear to have been pulled to create a front and back, instead of a side to side like the Live action TK. so this will most likely require filling and painting and all that. I may end up separating the back into 2 parts, then attach both to the front, and have the opening at the back of the shin. But all this will just depend and decisions will be made once the kit is in hand. 

This is a very difficult build in the fact that there are only 5 in the entire legion that have them approved. Will surely have questions and want to get the advice or opinion of this detachment along the way and am very excited to have a costume that not many have, or have seen. Stay tuned!

• Like 2

So not as much as you would want to see, but its enough lol. I do think I am going to have to shim the abs and kidney, plus the diaper. Does anyone have experience with the HIPS material as opposed to ABS? I am almost positive that is what this kit is and have also reached out to Walt. But just wanna make sure that if I need to create a shim I will get a good bond out of the pieces. Anyways, Stay tuned. Am hoping to have the helmet at least finished this weekend. Thanks all!

e5KDv0z.jpg

I like using JB weld, dries solid and can be sanded. Be a case of adding a shim with a support piece behind, fill the gap with JB weld, auto bondo or similar, sand, paint.

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

I like using JB weld, dries solid and can be sanded. Be a case of adding a shim with a support piece behind, fill the gap with JB weld, auto bondo or similar, sand, paint.

Unfortunately this is HIPS and not ABS. so I cant use JB Weld. I was told ONLY DEVCON and so that is what I am going to use. But I believe the process will be the same. Shim, Devcon, and sand and paint.