Feedback On stormtrooper-costumes.com Jedi-Robe

Let me start off and say I am new to all this.  I want to share my experience researching costumes.  I didn't know about WhiteArmor.net until a couple of days ago, unfortunately.  

I started researching costumes and saw a few websites, but then I came across stormtrooper-costumes.com. I certainly wasn't impressed with their website but nothing else seemed to make sense to me, and their website indicated they would contact me after purchase to get me the right size of everything.  The cost was upwards of $2000.  I did make the transaction.  

I then learned about this forum and was quickly pointed to the post below.  My heart sank as I started reviewing feedback on stormtrooper-costumes.com and Jedi-Robe.  I don't know if they make good or bad costumes, and I won't disparage them about their costumes.  I will say that I was taken aback that the negative feedback I saw on this forum was going all the way back to 2012!  And it wasn't just one or two bad experiences.  Also, of course, stormtrooper-costumes.com Jedi-Robe was called out as specifically a bad vendor.  

Since they never followed up, granted, it's only been three days to get my measurements, and with the negative feedback I saw, I requested them to cancel the order and a refund.  I have not seen a response to any of the emails I have sent them.  I would certainly follow the advice of this forum and the many, many, many negative reviews of On stormtrooper-costumes.com Jedi-Robe.  

One of the goals of this post is to make it a little easier for new folks to find this and hopefully not make the same mistake as I did.  

On a positive note, I was able to connect with Dave from Daves Darkside Depot and purchased a costume from him!  I was very impressed speaking with him and can't wait for the costume to get here!  It's like Christmas, only 10x better!  

• Like 6

And update to this.  I posted pretty much the same objective review from above on TrustPilot.  I was trying to get their attention to get a refund and it worked. The owner personally called me, and he came out swinging with the most unprofessional conduct I have experienced from a business owner.  I will give him credit; he did refund me my money.  I won't go into details of the conversation but the negative reviews seem in alignment with what I experienced.  

Edited by Dale T
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Dale T said:

And update to this.  I posted pretty much the same objective review from above on TrustPilot.  I was trying to get their attention to get a refund and it worked. The owner personally called me, and he came out swinging with the most professional conduct I have experienced from a business owner.  I will give him credit; he did refund me my money.  I won't go into details of the conversation but the negative reviews seem in alignment with what I experienced.  

That's a great outcome :D 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

That's a great outcome :D 

It was, and I am happy.  I did just edit it as I said he was professional.  He was the most unprofessional any business owner has ever been.  Just thrilled to move on and start building!

• Like 3

Glad to read of your experience and the tremendous outcome.

You are in good hands here, and we operate with our members best interests at heart all the time.

glad you found us and are now on the right path to becoming a Stormtrooper.

Welcome to FISD!!

• Like 1

That is great to hear Dale! :icon_bow: Praise the Lord Vader!! :vader2: Glad to have you here, and I am so happy for you that this all worked out in the end! What a nightmare reading all those reviews after spending that much money!

Sorry for your rough experience with them and the owner.

I’ve myself had some scary situations with vendors before too. Not this vendor, but I did have one where the vendor’s business partner attempted to swindle my payment and force the vendor to build a costume for me that he wasn’t paid for. All in all it was a nightmare that I’m glad PayPal backed my purchase to dispute.

The sad reality is even in the communities it’s good to be well aware of sketchy actions and transactions from vendors because a vetted vendor can make mistakes or go bad, which is why you see the thread with information about vendors and it’s regularly given attention with changes in the world of vendors.

The biggest thing that I see is stormtrooper-costumes/Jedi-robe offer costumes that just won’t get approved without major mods and most people who buy from them are just unaware of the nature of screen accurate costumes and the FISD.

If I was to echo this to anyone reading who interacts with users that are curious about buying costumes. The best things I’d say is have them get in contact with GMLs/Detachments before they make any purchases, Sure it may be appealing and all to go through the first google website to pop up, but a little wait to research and ask questions saves a lot of frustration and money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk