Stormtroopers Are No Longer Largest Approved Legion Member Costume

gmrhodes13

In my Garrison, the number of TK has been surpassed by the number of costumes from other detachments, even by ID (Imperial Officer)

Mapping problem in my garrison regarding that case:
- Fewer stormtrooper kit costume makers.

- Even though there is a maker, location, time and cost are the next constraints.

- An affordable maker for us in Indonesia is ATA, but it's very unfortunate that the latest information he has stopped production (if ATA is available again it will really help us here)

- The closest stormtrooper costume maker from my country is the Philippines. But considering the waiting time, the materials used, and some parts that still have to be purchased from other countries outside Asia, the TK candidates decide to switch to another costume (easier and cheaper to build) 

- No prior knowledge of crafting armor and stuff in Garrison. The stormtrooper costume maker in our garrison has retired from the 501st Legion, They are no longer active and don't want to help anymore.
I, as an Attache, can only encourage, and assist research to TK candidates as best I can, but I am not an armorer, and TK build expert.

- Currently, there are several members in Garuda Garrison Indonesia who still keep the stormtrooper kit, detailed conditions as follows:
1. He doesn't want to start building (I already give him various suggestions, such as being assisted in building them but still not succeeding).
2. Right now, there are 2 TK candidates ongoing building their TK ANH Stunt (ATA), built very slowly but the important thing is there is progress.
3. There is 1 TK candidate who has finished his costume, next step is to do a photo session to submit approval, but he cannot do it due to work reasons.

In general, in my garrison, there is still quite a lot of interest in joining as a TK in the 501st Legion, but all of them were discouraged after knowing that they will face the aforementioned situation mentioned above.

Edited by swibowoj

6 minutes ago, swibowoj said:

- An affordable maker for us in Indonesia is ATA, but it's very unfortunate that the latest information he has stopped production (if ATA is available again it will really help us here)

Sadly Terrel, the maker of ATA armour passed away, his moulds were up for auction so we are currently unsure if the armour will be produced again.

We can only hope the purchaser is willing to uphold the ATA legacy.

• Like 1

Another thing I’ve noticed going with what Glen said is that a lot of people want to join 501st for “social media and swag” it seems these days. One of the things that drives me nuts is how many will show up to a photo shoot and TikTok video or something like that for the recognition and the social media like but when it comes to charity or other types of things they don’t. I find that this has led to a lot of “what’s a cheap way to get a stormtrooper costume so they end up buying from stormtrooper costumes.com or something like that and then when they are told it’s not approvable they don’t care and just go on to make their TikTok’s but never strive to join further and research and build.

Some do though and that’s always great, but I also see that many just want to buy something out of the box and don’t want to build it which in many cases makes a TK much more expensive and slow to arrive, so that also discourages some from building a TK vs. a simpler cheaper costume just to join.

Finally my other consideration is how many I’ve seen join in the past years I’ve been in a GML capacity that seem to want a quick costume so they can get access to the cool swag. This is something that seems to push many to just go the route of an officer or tie reserve so they can get on the current racing shirt runs and all.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with what motivates anyone to join and so long as they are active and do their part, hey, that’s all that is required, but I do believe that some of these reasons has led to what costumes seem to get more submissions these days vs. the heavier duty costumes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1