First build!

N0SweatBobaFett

That is how I do mine, they fit a little better that way too. You may find once wearing for a while you may have to modify/heat expand a little as they can dig in on the side of the ankle, see how you go. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

Just wondering if anyone had the diagram for the placement of the ab/kidney split rivets?  I know they supposed to be 10mm from the edge but was wondering if there is a measurement from the top and bottom of the top and bottom rivets?  

These are approximate measurements as it can change from maker to maker

gallery_12157_16_12210.jpg

KY7Cqho.jpg

gallery_12157_59_167453.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

Just wondering if anyone had the diagram for the placement of the ab/kidney split rivets?  I know they supposed to be 10mm from the edge but was wondering if there is a measurement from the top and bottom of the top and bottom rivets?  

Additional to Glen's  be sure to place the Ab section first.  10mm from edge and aprox 20mm (from center of the rivet)  from top and from bottom 

u0c0ok3.png

• Like 1

Awesome!  Thanks guys!  Did some measuring and made some pencil marks.  I marked 10mm from the ridge on the ab piece and drew lines there.  Would that be correct or is it supposed to be 10mm from where I trimmed?  Thanks!  

znBxxhk.jpg

I’d say it depends on if you plan on further trimming along this edge (marked in red) If you do plan to trim that off, then I think your marks are good. If not then you’d probably need to move them to 10mm from the actual edge of the plastic.

8f59a4a2ec817cb6da2e6a2fffe3fd64.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Of course I’m assuming you’ve marked 10mm for on the return edge. If it’s 10mm from the other edge though than that’s right. It just needs to be 10mm from whatever the hard edge will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I also had a question about the Sugru.  I ended up putting some spare abs under the bottom of the thighs as I followed the RS line propmasters build videos.  I managed to remove most of the extra e6000 on the other end of the spare abs piece.  Would I still be able to put the Sugru in the gap to make it more flush?  

mzbtaER.jpg

Also installed the Ab/kidney split rivets.  Hope this looks good!  I’m using them just for aesthetic purposes and not for strapping.  That being said they are a little loose and slide back and forward a bit.  Any tips for securing them if they aren’t holding elastic down?  Thanks!  

N0OltmJ.jpg

ngcUxnY.jpg

1 hour ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

I also had a question about the Sugru.  I ended up putting some spare abs under the bottom of the thighs as I followed the RS line propmasters build videos.  I managed to remove most of the extra e6000 on the other end of the spare abs piece.  Would I still be able to put the Sugru in the gap to make it more flush?  

mzbtaER.jpg

You should still be able to add sugru

28 minutes ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

Also installed the Ab/kidney split rivets.  Hope this looks good!  I’m using them just for aesthetic purposes and not for strapping.  That being said they are a little loose and slide back and forward a bit.  Any tips for securing them if they aren’t holding elastic down?  Thanks!  

Adding a washer can help tighten them, some legs are a little longer than others so check it is split all the way.

Just check the alignment of these, middle one looks a little off on the photo, you may be able to oval the holes just a little to move over

N0OltmJ.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You should still be able to add sugru

Adding a washer can help tighten them, some legs are a little longer than others so check it is split all the way.

Just check the alignment of these, middle one looks a little off on the photo, you may be able to oval the holes just a little to move over

N0OltmJ.jpg

I’ll see if I can shift it a little.  Thanks for the Sugru tips!  

• Like 1

Just had a few questions about additional trimming for the top of the thighs.  Do the lines I drew look fine to trim if I’m looking for a bit more mobility in the back?  Also how far should I trim the front top of the thighs if they are a bit high?  Thanks!  

lnU1kfu.jpg

fGzkZ30.jpg

PYuIxBJ.jpg

a4139o6.jpg

Trim marks look fine.

Buttons paint just above the base of the plate

LSuei4K.jpg?1   JViLwBX.jpg?1

• Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.
  • Like 2