Planet Hollywood Stormtrooper

GoofTrooper

I went to Disney World over the Christmas holiday and my family and I went to Planet Hollywood in Disney Springs. On the second floor they have a Stormtrooper costume on display with a sign that says it was used in The Mandalorian TV show. It definitely looks to be a 501st costume and I was wondering if anyone knows the history of how this particular costume came to be on display in this particular themed restaurant. I only got the one photo of the costume because there was a family trying to eat their dinner directly in front of where the costume was displayed and I was trying to not be intrusive.  

P4LWO9r.jpg

I think this armor is the one in the first Propstore link posted: 

https://usm.propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/267/lot/62859?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F267%2F%3Fpage%3D30%26view%3Dlist

There is a chip in the vocoder in the Propstore TK that can be seen in the same location for the Planet Hollywood TK.  

AvVnk5T.jpg

There is a visible crack in the cod piece that can be seen in both. Also, the top edge/gap of the right thigh piece looks to be the same. 

s1XAPEh.jpg

Interesting this ended up in a restaurant on Disney property.

• Like 1

Appears to be the same one and it's from RS Props

From a Facebook RS Props post

The Prop Store auction late last night (UK time) was really interesting. Some items escaped our grasp, but not all. We did secure a new play thing, more about that to come. However, let’s talk about this Stormtrooper. Built by us a few years ago it found it’s way onto the set of the Mandalorian season one. If the price tag is making your eyes water check out our website, they are much more affordable direct from us and not pre owned. Seriously, congratulations to the buyer and the seller. We are proud to see one of our creations being sold by such a prestigious organisation.

118471074_10158397057799333_3036380369353681485_n.thumb.jpg.ea4ed75536d219625c07604cadcda7c3.jpg

• Like 1

A few other images of the display

Stormt_install-10-1.jpg

Stormt_install-6-1.jpg

Stormt_install-5.jpg

Stormt_install-4-1.jpg

Stormt_install-7-1.jpg

storm_pieces-1.jpg

Stormt_install-8-1.jpg

A write up on the costume

https://www.orlandoattractions.com/this-is-the-way-to-planet-hollywood/

• Like 1

Sure enough. I was aware some of the screen used member costumes went for auction but I didn't know one of them wound up at Planet Hollywood. Funny I just happened to stumble upon it by chance. Thanks for sharing the additional photos and the article. 

They did not do that armor any justice with the way they have it displayed. 

Here's mine on a PVC and duct tape mannequin that didn't cost $14,000.00 to have on display in my living room.

4fphLVB.jpg

Edited by GoofTrooper
Photo was way too huge.
  • Like 3

On 1/22/2023 at 8:05 PM, GoofTrooper said:

I went to Disney World over the Christmas holiday and my family and I went to Planet Hollywood in Disney Springs. On the second floor they have a Stormtrooper costume on display with a sign that says it was used in The Mandalorian TV show. It definitely looks to be a 501st costume and I was wondering if anyone knows the history of how this particular costume came to be on display in this particular themed restaurant. I only got the one photo of the costume because there was a family trying to eat their dinner directly in front of where the costume was displayed and I was trying to not be intrusive.  

P4LWO9r.jpg

I wonder if there's another restaurant or road side attactrion somewhere in the world, that bought the other auctioned tk suit from propstore or some rubies costume and is displaying it right now.