Question about the for sale section

Pascal74

I’ve recently signed up for the tons of useful info but also to see if there maybe is a nice 2nd hand armor for sale that I could buy and chase my dream and join my local Garrison.But I’m not allowed to go there because it’s only for 501st members.That’s just the point,I want to look if there is an armor for sale so I can be a 501st member.Thanks in advance for your answer!

Hi Pascal! There are two sales sections here on FISD. This one is in the 501st and Detachment Members only area, so you'll need to be 501st approved to gain access. The general public sales thread is accessible by anybody, and I've seen plenty of armor kits listed there over the past several years. Hopefully you find what you're looking for!

Hello and welcome, make sure you still do some research as some armor which may have been approved years ago may not meet current approval. The legion has CRL's (costume reference library) which are the base standards for approval, you can find them here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Make sure you also check sizing and any color fade.

Good luck with the hunt, look forward to seeing you in some shiny white armor soon. 

Welcome to FISD Pascal!

If you are lucky and find a great kit, it might still need to be adjusted to fit you well.

Generally when building a kit from scratch you trim that armour to fit your body size. Some are luck and don't need to trim much, other need to actually add material to allow parts ti fit then.

There is always a little more to it when buying pre-made, commission built or fresh out of the box untrimmed armour, so just keep that in mind too, and i wish you the best of luck in your search.

We are here to help in every way we can.

Thanks for your reply Sly,you can see I have a lot to learn but that’s why i’m here:)About an armor kit:my DIY skills are a perfect zero and i don’t know anyone here who could help me with that.That’s the main reason i’m looking for an already built,according to the internet i have a mesomorphic body(5’9 and 177 lbs)so thats kinda normal sized?

Pascal