Velcro that pops open

TK-8224

I'm kind of small, and therefore there is no room for long elastic bands between my ab and back pieces. At the upper edge there is no room between them at all, and at the bottom there is about one inch. This is of course super when it comes to elite requirements, as my belt covers the tiny space between them, but when it comes to velcroing them together it's worse. Because I have no room for elastic bands, they pop apart when I move! How can I put them together without having this problem? I guess I could glue them together with leather between or something, but then it would be hard to get the armour in a suitcase, right?

Any ideas, you brilliant people? :)

Hmm...maybe you could use snaps? The ab and kidney could also be riveted, but then you would still have the same issue as with glue I guess.

Show some pics of it.

Use something bigger than a suitcase to transport it. I know Ikea has a plastic case/box that might work. I'm getting one next week, so I'll let you know if it fits everything. It doesn't cost more than 129NOK and comes with a lid as well. It whiteish/transparent so I'm just gonna paint it flat black and apply my TKID and stuff in white.

Put some velcro on the back plate where you want the belt to rest, and also, put velcro on the interior of the armour to bridge the abdomen and back. I'm thin like you are and have made those mods, I have never had a problem.

Put some velcro on the back plate where you want the belt to rest, and also, put velcro on the interior of the armour to bridge the abdomen and back. I'm thin like you are and have made those mods, I have never had a problem.

The velcro just pops open, that's the problem. I was thinking about removing some of the return edge and shape the pieces a little bit, but to be honest I'm terrified to do so. It's the upper edge that is the problem, so the belt doesn't really help much there.