voice sound systems current state?

At the risk of heading down another OCD rabbit hole I've started reading and thinking about voice options.

I think for myself it will be the icomm system and Aker amp.  Correct me if I am wrong, but the amp can run an aux for troop chatter off a player if so desired while at the same time amplifying anything I say through the icomm.  Correct?

I thought I might try having the icomm in the helmet and the amp and mp3 player in the chest just to distribute the weight.

My main question is, what is the current thoughts on throat mics?  Seems to be a lot of older posts saying they are better, but from what I am searching those posts are at least a year old so what is the current state for a mic either regular or throat mic that I should be considering?  I find a ton of mics on Amazon so hard to know which works with the icomm with no fit issues.

I will order the icomm in the next day or two and the Aker.  For other projects I have tried 2 different mp3 players that were just crap so if there is a decent on out there please point me to it.  I might want to use it for other stuff I'm working on too that needs an endless looping ability.  

Thanks.

Bart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bartman said:

I think for myself it will be the icomm system and Aker amp.  Correct me if I am wrong, but the amp can run an aux for troop chatter off a player if so desired while at the same time amplifying anything I say through the icomm.  Correct?

I thought I might try having the icomm in the helmet and the amp and mp3 player in the chest just to distribute the weight.

My main question is, what is the current thoughts on throat mics?  Seems to be a lot of older posts saying they are better, but from what I am searching those posts are at least a year old so what is the current state for a mic either regular or throat mic that I should be considering?  I find a ton of mics on Amazon so hard to know which works with the icomm with no fit issues.

I will order the icomm in the next day or two and the Aker.  For other projects I have tried 2 different mp3 players that were just crap so if there is a decent on out there please point me to it.  I might want to use it for other stuff I'm working on too that needs an endless looping ability.  

Correct you can add aux sources to the Aker amp, I have a T and run a mp3 player and also a cord from my blaster so it's nice and loud for conventions.

You can get cheaper amps from Aliexpress with combined mp3 players but you then have no way of turning on and off or next track when you are kitted up.

I have not heard much success with the throat mic's but some may chime in about them.

I use the wired Aker mic or an FM headset which has a small receiver which goes with the Aker an Icomm behind the chest.

There is normally enough room behind the chest for the Icomm, Aker and a Mp3 player and if you have them on in once place you don't have to worry about extra wires to the helmet, but some do have them in the helmets

Cord on the blaster so as in you have electronics in the blaster you are amplifying? 

Do you find any issues with the wireless mic and delays that are weird to hear?  That would be nice to have zero wires between the chest and helmet for sure.  So then to add to the questions, what wireless system is a good match to plug into the Aker?

Bart

3 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Cord on the blaster so as in you have electronics in the blaster you are amplifying? 

Do you find any issues with the wireless mic and delays that are weird to hear?  That would be nice to have zero wires between the chest and helmet for sure.  So then to add to the questions, what wireless system is a good match to plug into the Aker?

Correct, I have electronics in pretty much all of my blasters and props.

Cord runs up your arm, out the neck and down behind the chest (or to belt pouch( to the Amp 

A couple of examples

You have delay with the static burst anyone so a little from the wireless mic really isn't noticed. I just bought a generic one from Aliexpress. Depends one what other electronics/props I'm using at an event and how long as to whether I use wired or wireless mic.

• Like 2