Mannequin Display - Feet an issue?

Foxy

I became a member this year.  My helmet is on display all the time in a glass cabinet, but my armor is hidden away. I've got room for mannequin to display it on.  I just wonder for those who done this if there will be any issues getting the thigh piece over the foot.  

Congrats, Fox!  A very good question there, as I will be building a mannequin to display in my man-cave.  Do you have the mannequin yet?  

I've never had my TK on a mannequin (too busy wearing it) but found trying to get my clone on to it I had to cut the front portion of the foot to allow it to go into the shins, realistic shins are a pain on clones.

These could be another option for you ;) 

You can also purchase adjustable joints for pipe mannequins 

https://www.amazon.com.au/Adjustable-Joint-Fitting-2-5cm-Elbow/dp/B00C7WST34

862439140_41zt1n42pL._AC_SL1000_.jpg.c278c076e2b81284f1fa24e89fb9990a.jpg

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

Congrats, Fox!  A very good question there, as I will be building a mannequin to display in my man-cave.  Do you have the mannequin yet?  

Not yet. 

15 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I've never had my TK on a mannequin (too busy wearing it) but found trying to get my clone on to it I had to cut the front portion of the foot to allow it to go into the shins, realistic shins are a pain on clones.

Saw the posts about the do it yourself the duct tape mannequins. I plan on getting more than one costume but only one mannequin to display them on.  I'll rotate what gets displayed and not sure how duct will hold up that abuse. 

6 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Saw the posts about the do it yourself the duct tape mannequins. I plan on getting more than one costume but only one mannequin to display them on.  I'll rotate what gets displayed and not sure how duct will hold up that abuse. 

I have two PVC mannequins with the adjustable elbows and these are a joy to use and rotate armor with. 

13 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I have two PVC mannequins with the adjustable elbows and these are a joy to use and rotate armor with. 

Can you post up a few pics, Glen?  Thanks!!

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Can you post up a few pics, Glen?  Thanks!!

Unfortunately both have costumes on at present, when i next change them over I'll grab some pics

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My boy is on a mannequin when not being worn by me.. mine has fixed legs/feet. Its about rotating the thighs to the optimum opening so they pass over the foot/heel. If they hadnt of passed over - i would have taken a saw to the toes to make it work.
I had to remove a thumb on a fixed arm/hand to get the arms on... just...

It might only look strange when out of armor ... but dressed who would know?.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

One of my mannequin's has the toes removed, you don't notice once boots are on. Haven't had the issue with fingers or thumb as most hands are removeable, I add these last once the forearms are on.

• Like 1

Also for anyone looking keep an eye on your local FB sales groups as well as local for sale/trade/markets, I have found a few mannequins quite cheaply from stores closing down or updating their mannequins, can save quite a few $'s ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/26/2022 at 8:06 PM, Greg Sickmeier said:

How do you get the armor over the hands?  Seems like it wouldn't fit through the hole and the hands don't appear removeable.