Lenses for ANH Hero costume

1 hour ago, MariaB said:

I am confused as to whether the Hero costume can have a flat lens or needs bubble lenses? I am also wondering how anyone has made or bought the flat lens?

Hi Maria, Welcome to FISD.

According to the CRL for ANH HERO TK, for basic level you can use flat or bubble lenses., for higher levels, of course, we would like you to aim for higher level of certification :duim:

CRL BAsic Level

• Lenses may be flat or bubble, green or smoke, sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes.

CRL EIB AND CENTURION LEVEL 

• Lenses are green bubble or smoke bubble only.

When you buy a kit (for helmet only or complete armor), the armorer usually include the lenses .  Another option I have used is to buy an acrylic sheet and trim to give the shape for the lenses.

https://www.trooperbay.com/collections/lens-material

or buy the bubble lenses

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144455574816?hash=item21a2392520:g:EsoAAOSwjjpbGBy-

Bellow a couple of methods for mounting lenses

good luck with your project.

:salute:

• Like 2

Note although accurate the bubble lenses are very hard to see out of, I have only two small areas I can look through with my hero bubble lenses the rest is just distorted.

Also note there are other differences between the Hero and Stunt versions, great comparison sheet here so make sure you check those out ;)