[103] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

revlimiter

4/6/24 - Surreal Comics 1 Year Anniversary

102nd TK troop, 8th for the year

troop2024-8-1.jpg

This one was an unofficial troop at a comic store. The owner is a friend of the garrison and does a lot of favors for us. Getting to help celebrate their first year was great. And it was my first troop with the elephant gun!

troop2024-8-3.jpg

T-21, baby!  It's the same length as a DLT-19 but it sure has a lot more presence. This one was made by Tye, the Boba Fett in the above photo about 8 to 10 years ago. It appeared on the 501st forums for sale in Texas and I jumped on it. It's fantastic and will be going out with me in the future. At about 7 lbs, it's not bad to carry around for a few hours.

These vintage motor cars requested that I pose with them. My only price was that they take a pic with my own datapad for my archives. :laugh1:

troop2024-8-2.jpg

Back to the troop, a local radio station was covering the event and the host wanted to interview someone with a voice changer. I was the only one in attendance with the little speakers and our CO (also in attendance) agreed it was fine since it was just radio. So I did about 30 seconds with Erica Viking. SO awesome!!!

troop2024-8-4.jpg

And then I got paid again for my services - with a selfie. I've listened to Erica since college (she's been a local DJ on various stations for a while) and it was awesome to be able to do this.

102 troops... Being a TK is still every bit as good as my first troop. :dancing-trooper:

• Like 3

4/9/24 - Ronald McDonald House Party

103rd TK troop, 9th for 2024

troop2024-9-1.jpg

In April of 2024, Dewback Ridge finally got to go back to Ronald McDonald house after a roughly 5 year absence. COVID stopped these troops and I never got to do one... until now!

troop2024-9-2.jpg

We began the troop with a serious meeting discussing ways in which to spread smiles and enjoy troopy antics that wouldn't break our little plastic necks. Or butt plates. No one likes a broken butt plate.

troop2024-9-3.jpg

A moment of reflection as the sun set to the west.

troop2024-9-4.jpg

A quiet song at the piano to set the mood for dinner.

troop2024-9-5.jpg

A ball game spread smiles between posing for pix.

troop2024-9-6.jpg

Every time I see a McDonald house troop in someone's log I get a little jealous. Well, no more!!! I finally get to cross that one off.  Next one I hope to cross off is a Weird Al tour, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 5