Troopacoola's JMC E-11 Folding Stock Help

Zinfer

Hi guys.  My build is moving right along and getting nearer the end.  Got a couple problem areas I'm trying to wrap my head around.  First is the Trigger and selector switch conundrum.  But more on topic is just how to get a clip to fasten and release the stock at the front of the reciever.  Does anyone have a link they can pass along; a pictorial tutorial of drill size, depth, carving out a spot for the latch and how to secure the latch (glue?) that fastens the entire assembly to the front of the receiver?  I've looked over my stock rod and there is just no indication of where that cutout for the latch ever was.  Has anyone managed to mod the JMC to allow the latch and spring to function?  Not sure if I'm beating my head up against a wall or should just spend the $80 on a metal reproduction sterling folding stock or whether that would mount to the JMC.  Has anyone tried it?  Success?  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1267956913622224&id=291078201370590&_rdr

Can you post some pics up of the arm Rodney? I'm pretty sure yours does have the semi hollow arm with the recess for the arm clip. Here is a pic that had been shared both here and oin the JMC FB groupc240b5bb098d0b0834f5a1243f8eeb96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The arm will need hollowing out some in order to accommodate the spring and abs tube but not all the way down it.
Once that's done dry assemble the folding stock and dry fit it to the blaster. You can then line up and mark on the arm where you need the clip channel to be. Use the hole at the front underside of the barrel as a guide. The chanel only needs to be around 10mm in length. Drill out the channel and sand down.005f5af99d21d2d4ec3b5cb35b054232.jpg327a0e2d29bf997872f12a3aa049ff16.jpg

I thought perhaps I got a bad mold.  I will make my first serious attempt in the morning.  I am thinking of using a dowel rod rather than the ABS Tubing.  Hoping there's no downside to that. Drilling the top of that rod is going to be interesting.

Edited by Zinfer

No the mold is correct. These are not directly meant to be functional stocks to be honest. Just casts from my origional. But, they can be converted to function. If it breaks, don't blame me!