Build threads requiring maintenance IMPORTANT

Sly11

Attention fellow troopers

During the forum clean up process we have discovered many build threads that are affected by Photobucket watermarks and or broken image links and missing photos.

Some of these we have been able to restore to their former glory, but others not so.

Many of these build threads are very very good, and the levels of detail excellent for our new members, but due to some having upwards of 40 images, they are far too much work to attempt to restore by us.

We are asking that if you have a build thread on the FISD forums that it may well be subject to the issues as mentioned above. If this is the case, you can expect  your thread will be re-located to a temporary holding area called  "Build Threads requiring Maintenance" and will be the responsibility of the original poster to fix the photo and image issues.

These build threads will only be held in this temporary area for a period of 6 months, and if not attended to in that time frame will be permanently archived.

All threads that are fixed by the original poster, will be returned to their rightful homes under the specific costume designation build threads on the forums.

If you value your build thread and its information please attend to it before it is moved from view.

Glen and I will start to populate the maintenance sub forum over the next few days.

here is the link

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/241-build-threads-requireing-maintenance/

We appreciate your assistance with this, and hope to see at least some of these brilliant builds and history restored.

• Like 4

• Sly11 featured this topic

First of all, I highly appreciate the time consuming work in the background to keep this forum clean.  Many thanks for that. :icon_bow:

2 hours ago, Sly11 said:

(...)   We are asking that if you have a build thread on the FISD forums that it may well be subject to the issues as mentioned above. If this is the case, you can expect  your thread will be re-located to a temporary holding area called  "Build Threads requiring Maintenance" and will be the responsibility of the original poster to fix the photo and image issues.   (...)

Would it be an option to inform the owners of affected threads to make them aware of this move?

Otherwise I could imagine, people miss the 6 months time frame and precious information might be lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-Jay said:

First of all, I highly appreciate the time consuming work in the background to keep this forum clean.  Many thanks for that. :icon_bow:

Would it be an option to inform the owners of affected threads to make them aware of this move?

Otherwise I could imagine, people miss the 6 months time frame and precious information might be lost.

If it were simple, then absolutely, the stark reality is, there are hundreds of build threads that have been effected, hundreds, and there are not enough hours in the day to send everyone a PM.

If we look at what has already been done as far as trying to resurrect just the threads with Photobucket images, 2 of us have spent the last year plus on this project, and there is at least that again plus some to fix those build threads and also finish the other sections of the forums in the clean up.

Sure some of the more recent elaborate builds that we think are of great importance, we will be reaching out to those members, and some of those we have indeed already fixed ourselves, but if members choose to do nothing, then it's going to be the archives until someone has the time and patience to fix those threads.

These are aspects that have been neglected for a long time, hence the monumental task we have now.

I would just like to add that I have started moving threads to this new sub forum and started with the ANH armour. That forum alone is 60 pages long, and we go through every post to see what is good and what is not.  60 pages, with 25 threads per page.  Now sure not every thread needs touching and i have started at page 60 (the oldest page) so you can get an idea from there how long just relocating takes, let alone having to fix photo bucket marked images with some threads having 50 photos in them. :)

• Like 1