Sandtrooper Image ID

MTBer

I don't think it's from the movie, there is quite a lot of weathering on the helmet and armor, also the brow trim has dropped so you can see a clean area, no weathering. 

Here are a couple of examples, notice the coloring of the weathering. Note the guy carrying the DLT-19 is carrying it upside down ;) 4k-swnewhope-starwarsscreencaps.com-95604k-swnewhope-starwarsscreencaps.com-7504

If you feel like it go through the movie clip by clip here https://starwarsscreencaps.com/4k-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-1977/

• Like 1

No it's not Rogue One that is a different armor and helmet. The image could very well be of 501st members at an event, without more info or images it's a bit hard to tell.

47 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

No it's not Rogue One that is a different armor and helmet. The image could very well be of 501st members at an event, without more info or images it's a bit hard to tell.

Ok thank you.

I remember reading somewhere that the Rogue One helmets were not very well regarded amongst troopers, is that true and why so?

22 minutes ago, MTBer said:

Ok thank you.

I remember reading somewhere that the Rogue One helmets were not very well regarded amongst troopers, is that true and why so?

My issue was the armor and helmet was a mash up from different era's of Star Wars, Rogue One was right before ANH and the armor was completely different. It also used pieces from The Force Awakens, way outside it's era there.

Some didn't like the crisper molded details,  very different to ANH.

It's all about personally preference, many do like the look and we have many being built on the forums right now.

• Like 2

Ok thats interesting thanks. But as TFA had a totally different trooper design, how could it be that the R1 took bits from TFA...?

Are there any links to further info about the R1 trooper, im curious how they actually built/produced them. You would have thought take armour from LFA, 3d scan it, then injection moulded, I can't imagine they would have been vac formed...but thats just speculation!

Ok thats interesting thanks. But as TFA had a totally different trooper design, how could it be that the R1 took bits from TFA...?
Are there any links to further info about the R1 trooper, im curious how they actually built/produced them. You would have thought take armour from LFA, 3d scan it, then injection moulded, I can't imagine they would have been vac formed...but thats just speculation!
This thread from earlier this year was super enlightening for me - I too focus on the OT troopers mainly, so the discussion / analysis here was fascinating

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/48617-Rogue-One-TK-vs-OT-TK-Comparison#entry678454

6 hours ago, MTBer said:

Yes the TFA is a different trooper but R1 used pieces from TFA, boots, gloves and the TD plate similar design. R1 should have been the exact same armor as ANH.

Not sure about why they had been made this way, new designer so new design and process for production I guess. 

In the following video towards the ends you can see some of the process used for making the Sithtrooper armor which is a flexible plastic.

• Like 1