Sizing and Assembly

Hi everyone,

I'm currently helping my dad with his armor build, since he doesn't have time to build it, and am wondering if you guys have any tips on sizing armor based off a tailors measurements? Or would you recommend glueing one side down and waiting until I can have him actually try on the armor, to know where the other end should meet? 

Thanks in advance!

Without a shadow of a doubt, size it with him for the best fit and end result.

I have seen many commission builds done with just measurements and considering those vendors do them frequently, they still dont give imo the best result possible.

Trim something too small and you cant go back, trim something too large and you can simply trim more off.

Always size parts wearing the under suit or boots if it is shins, tape parts together as you are sizing them on the wearer and make your pencil marks for your trim lines. Trim slightly larger than you need then do another test fit and remark and go again to get it just right.

Definitely size on the body, everyone is a little different and one size doesn't suit all. Some great references in the gallery sections and also check out others build threads, lots of info you can find in them.