TE2 Painting

Does all the armour pieces have to be sanded all over before applying any paint or can the parts be trimmed sanded on the edges then painted?? T are you there dude?

alan

On my two sets of TE armor, I've only sanded the edges and that's for the comfort factor.

I've used KRYLON Fusion on my TK and RUSTOLEUM on my TD and haven't had any problems...because I didn't sand & prime the surfaces prior to spray painting.

However, some troopers sand all the surfaces...I think it's more of a personal decision.

T :salute:

I wet sand all the surfaces with 400 grit, and primer the helmet and any places that glue may be showing just in case of a paint interaction.

That's exactly what I did.

Good advice. You guys would laugh if you were watching me, I went back and caulked in all the tiny spaces between the strips on my armor and now it looks too perfect! :lol: And it's a sandy! so I'm priming tomorrow then for sure wet sanding with fine grit before proceeding on to paint.

Would like to say for anyone who's faced a similar challenge.....My ab plate was pretty "oatmealed" out of the box. I didn't like the idea of using filling agents that wouldn't take a little flex here and there. I got some Krylon primer from the auto body supply. It's supposed to be a very filling type primer. I did a fatty two coats, waited 24 hours then wet sanded, and the oatmeal was down to "orange peel". I let her dry then hosed it fat again. I'm stopping with that, but I bet a third coat would make that babey smooth like a babies behind.