Webbing and Elastic best practices/issues?

Firedog

Hey all. In my build, I have used 2" webbing for the butt to kidney connection and kidney to back connections as I did not want there to be too much flexibility that would allow for inaccurate gaps between the pieces. I plan on using 2" black elastic for my ab to chest connection, thigh straps, and bicep/forearm, 1" black elastic or my Hans snap, and 2" white elastic in the shoulders. My question to those of you who have been trooping for some time, will the rigidity of the webbing on the back pieces cause issues down the road?

I personally prefer elastic, it has some give and does allow more movement, webbing is very rigid and you find it's the armor that will move when you bend and over extend so it may cause cracking or may need adjusting when you stand up straight again. BUT in saying that I see a lot of people that also use webbing and velcro and they seem happy enough. 

With the shoulder elastic make sure you double it over as you will need it too be tighter there ;)