My first ANH TK Build-Assistance Welcome! (ATA)

Phat Rob

You may want to move your butt plate snaps a little more to the outside, helps to stop the ends flaring out;)

Also note using double snaps can be the difference between trooping and not trooping, especially the shoulder straps 

2007935528_R63O0di.jpg.c6b27077529079960cbf3a94ddd8ad96(1).thumb.jpg.ac49b1017364a03b4c512e25976c6b54.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon, fellow artists/builders! Todays post includes snap plate updates. All plates have been applied with good ol' E6000 glue.

GJvzShO.jpg

For the ab plate note, that I haven't punched the holes for the cod piece or the upper right hand corner. The cod piece area has been left intact until I get started on the straps. That rivet will actually be used to tether the actual strap to join with the butt plate. The area along the upper right hand corner has been left unpunched because I'm not sure what type of button, rivet or whatever to use. I think that area contains a male snap but I'm not for real sure. Any insight into this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

alyqlrI.jpg 

WT3f6ci.jpg

I0vm7pv.jpg

Here's a pic I'm referencing for my theory on that male snap.

oXu98Er.png

Hb37WNN.jpg

x3TjQxv.jpg

kvgMGgN.jpg

Thank you @gmrhodes13 for your suggestion to place the side snaps along the kidney and butt plates outwards to provide more sufficient support.

RvItNfh.jpg

So here's where I think I made a major booboo. It appears that the snaps are too close together. If this assessment is correct I'm prepared to take my beatings and redo. Aye caramba...

E2STlYA.jpg

Ok, so that takes care of all the trunk area updates and inquiries. Onto the arms & thighs...

buniK0I.jpg

7FcCfc1.png

JXK0RSg.png

f8htuRJ.png

Hopefully everything is lined up correctly. Again, this is the reference I used for snap placements.

Once again, thank you so much everyone for your guidance and help throughout this project. I sincerely appreciate it!

Edited by Phat Rob

Nice work, great to see double snaps, you may want to move your shoulder snaps a bit closer to the end of the plates as if they are too low it will cause your elastic to sit lower between the chest and back plate leaving a bit gup between the elastic and shoulder straps, but you can wait for strapping and see how you go,
lREdLcS.jpg

Forearm elastic is better placed towards the top of the arms, helps to stop rotation when arms come back to rest

JXK0RSg.png

In this image you may notice the strapping is between the top of the forearm and sides

gallery_12157_59_18048.jpg

Good afternoon fellow troops and artists! Today we've got a mini drop of appendage snap plates updates before-finally!-inching towards the straps.

Here are the freshly glued (E6000 adhesive) shoulder bells and thighs.

Bk9pGw3.jpg

Ol1o24l.png

Here's the ab plate with punched male button snap.

WpCQ2Y5.png

Here we have the bicep and forearm pieces with newly adjusted snap plates. Notice how they follow the reference more closely.

BIHh7Cq.jpg

b7LHjQw.jpg

TVGnff3.jpg

6kzHl5F.jpg

Thank you @gmrhodes13 for the supplied reference!

gallery_12157_59_18048.jpg

As always, sincere thank you's for your continued support and guidance through this project!

• Like 1

You will find you will need to bring those bottom snaps upwards as your bicep will sit over where they are presently 

Bk9pGw3.jpg

Note No2

5MSb8Mu.jpg