25mm Cover strips on backs of thighs...

2 hours ago, 4Runner said:

I'd like to do this to match the 25mm strips on my shins. Is this okay? Would it prevent me from going higher to EIB and Centurion?

To answer your question no. That said is there a reason besides matching you want to go with 25 instead of 20?

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

To answer your question no. That said is there a reason besides matching you want to go with 25 instead of 20?

Hi, Tony, yeah, I was just thinking about going 25 to match the shins. I don't need the extra 5mm at all, though. But the standard measurements I'm seeing are 20mm for the thighs (front and back) 20mm shins (front) and 25mm shins (back).

Understood. The FISD always states "The accuracy of your armor is entirely up to you the owner"

That said, cover strip widths were derived from movie armor measurements made by RS many years ago. These measurement photos can be seen in the gallery section here on the FISD. LFL, Disney and 501st have adopted a uniform look for all characters which the FISD follows by. This uniform look does not call out measurements on every section of armor however, since there are some areas that are mentioned the FISD has applied the same guidelines to the entire armor including cover strips. 

There's been some debate recently in other social media groups that it doesn't matter what the cover strip widths are because the movie armor strips varied in size. It's possible some of the movie suits may have been assembled with different specifications but if that were the norm I think we would have seen more of them by now. 

Anyway, the measurements we call out are guidelines, the FISD staff will never make you pull out a ruler to prove otherwise. 

Hope this helps 

• Like 4