Full helmet padding

Okay here they are! i can't really give a very accurate opinion of how hot it is because as of now its all i have :rolleyes: (getting AP in january after i pay off for school!!!!) anyway feel free to ignore the tape holding part of the lenses and frown mesh in! But as you can see it isn't noticable by any means from the outside buuuut even gutted as it is, you can see it still doesn't look too pretty. But its very comfortable :)

post-2507-1229631721_thumb.jpg

post-2507-1229631734_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This company also does padding for the Biker Scout helmet - it comes in two pieces, for the main head and another section for the face plate. I'm sure this would be a better alternative as you can leave the front off, keeping the head supported and the face open for ventilation. It looks like the same design so I reckon it would fit in the MRCE. Any thoughts on this? :huh:post-5148-1230676812_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It arrived yesterday. I took it from the box and instantly thought it was huge! I double checked the auction and it looks that I bought a version for the FX. He states it will fit all models, so here goes. I will rate fit and looks in the helmets. Heat later on at a troop. 10 is perfection and 1 is waste of money.

Quality of the pad design...

Stitching is good, padding is foam like in packing. Standard stuff. The black fabric is the same on all his stuff, matches my Vader one well. Came with a dome pad that Velcros on, but none of these helmets require that. Maybe the FX, but not screen sized. There is a hole cut for the backs of the mic tip mounts and a roll in the back with Velcro straps for wires and such if you run amps. I will say that if you do though, it will be harder to fit your noggin in if you have this pad. There is no where for a fan. You will have to mod it. Out of the box, just the pad rates a 7. What hurts it is the dome black liner is not attached to the pad. It slides around. It is also larger, so it bunches at the top. Even it this is in an FX lid it will do this.

In the AP.

No way. The AP is just to small. I would have to hack this up pretty good, not use the dome pad at all and still smash my way in. Far to restrictive inside, and well... forget a fan, or amp set up. The AP is the smallest lid in my collection, and this makes it unwearable if used. Looks great for a display rig or if you are trying to fit a kid with it. Rating of 2... Only for display. AP guys, Don't buy one.

In the TM.

My helmet has a huge undercut. I love it, but It is hard to get in and out of anyway, and this just makes it harder. Once inside though, it felt good, but much tighter. It will require trimming and modding to make it nice. I would rate it a 5.

In the CAP

Made the helmet fit snug. Harder to get in and out, but not that much. This helmet has the second largest opening, so that helps. Takes a little adjusting, but once in would only require hot glue to hold it.a fair 7.

In the TE2.

I thought it was made for it. I mean wow. It slid right in, fit everything save the mic tip backside. That would be the only needed change. Easy in and easy out, makes the lid fit like a glove to my head. Very Very comfortable. This is the helmet it will stay in. I am actually impressed. Makes a great lid that much better.

Rate this one a 9. minor mod work, glue it in, plop it on. Troop.

With this said, I am going to finish up my TE2 and troop with this on. I will rate heat and such. I do not run fans in the winter. A fan will require mod work on the liner. I also use external mics, so I cannot rate the helmet systems. I have a skull works around here somewhere, but i think it is hacked up... :mellow:

Hope this helps a little... Ill post pics of the finished TE2 later on.

• 5 months later...

In my opinion just to bulky. Its hard to squeeze your melon in the lid. Now FX lids, No problem. Anything else...

Fogetaboutit!

And yea, increase the temps 2 fold. Its a hot liner. The one in my Vader is nice, but that is an open back helmet.

• 2 weeks later...