TKC ingame replica

Aizenoso

Hello everyone, i am actually selling my 2nd TKC armor, 1st was sold by bad personal situation, this one is for getting a new and better armor, a good quality armor on kit to build a new and centurion level commander that can be trully a centurion lvl.

I have been watching some of the files from the High Resolution images from this post at the beginning of this forum.

1st of all, there is some things that could be "impossible" to do, like the buttplate that seems to be shorter, but, im wondering about some details trying to find out if i can make a "ingame replica".

There is some  doubts that i have, and i hope you guys can help me with.

1 - Rear back has blue paint, like, if it was painted over the grey and black lines with blue and cleaned.
2 - All these gray stains over the whole armor. 
3 - Thighs looks closed from the inner piece over the outer piece at the back. 
4 - Shoulder straps seems to be with a little rounded corners
5 - Blue paint looks coming out of the lines, like no "perfect lined clean paint job", like, not painting with spray or airbrush, instead, using a brush to apply it. Also, flat, satin or shiny paint? and which brand and color would you suggest?
6 - Belt corners looks little weird, like the up side is ok but lower is like rounded?
7 - Also, the thigh armor belt blue paint is not lined with the cover.
8 - what kind of rivets shall be used for belt? I guess i should look at the topics, but i haven't really seen anything.

As i want to make a GOOD Stormtrooper Commander, actually even selling the one i just did for me to make another better with a better armor, i have been checking if there could be better things to do to look more like the ingame armor, and found these details.

I hope you can guide me if those details are ok to make this "ingame replica" i will try to do.

And thanks you for your time reading this post.

11 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

So, as i see the 1st link photos, normal rivets with the hole are ok for the armor? also, the ear screw are not painted white.
at the 2nd link the thigh armor belt has rivets, not glued and not over the lower ridge :/ 
The 3rd has the same thing as the 2nd with the thigh armor belt.
Besides, noone of them has the blue stripe over the brow.

I am afraid to say that noone of them answer my questions about the weathering, the not clean lines at the paint, thigh closed on the contrary, or about the shoulder straps comparing with the image references.  

More references have become available from different game platforms as such the CRL covers a generalisation of all these variations, you can view other references in this thread

So, as i see the 1st link photos, normal rivets with the hole are ok for the armor? 

These should be cap rivets.

There are 2 rivets on either side of the ab, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter which are lined up with the ones on the kidney. The top rivet is 25mm from the top edge and the bottom is 25mm above the top of the belt and 20mm from the side seam, painted white (measurements are approximate).

TKC.JPG.0c20df8c64f25d0f88080c91eb20e79e.JPG

also, the ear screw are not painted white.

Built and approved before the CRL updates.

Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white.

at the 2nd link the thigh armor belt has rivets, not glued and not over the lower ridge :/ 

The thigh ammo belt may be positioned on or above the lower ridge as seen in official references and is not rounded off like ANH.

The thigh ammo is glued and has no rivets.

The 3rd has the same thing as the 2nd with the thigh armor belt.

The thigh ammo belt may be positioned on or above the lower ridge as seen in official references and is not rounded off like ANH.

The thigh ammo is glued and has no rivets.

Besides, noone of them has the blue stripe over the brow.

Blue stripe continues over brow trim

I am afraid to say that noone of them answer my questions about the weathering, the not clean lines at the paint, thigh closed on the contrary, or about the shoulder straps comparing with the image references.  

There are no grey stains, but the armor is weathered. Thighs can but overlapped like ROTJ or butt joined and cover strip like ANH as both variants can be see in references.

Have a look at this thread in regards to the updated images: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/45523-tkc-request-for-crl-updates-thread/

You can see the blue stripe on the brow trim in the following images:

QNgki4R.jpg