ND time putting ALL armor on

Today I put on all of my armor on for the 2ND time . I wanted to show my GF son as he is going to be DV this Oct 31ST. When he walked in the door it was like one of the Kodak moments . He was like "that is way cool ". I look @ it as its kinda for the kids to just to make them happy (and yes we all are just kids the toys just cost more now) :D .Just like another posting on here you really don't stop playing with the armor . I have a bit more playing to do before I go out of the house in it . The only prob I seam to have is keeping the thighs up . I have a belt for it but it seams like I still don't have it right but I am working on it . I do have one ? for all that see this . How do you keep the chest plate from riding up to your face . When I put my bucket on and it rides up I cant see sh**. LOL . I have as you can say help it find its spot but maybe I'm not doing something right . All input would help . I was kinda thinking of putting some snaps on the abb and chest plate to keep then riding up on me but only if I have to . I have kind tweaked it some with heat . Is this a prob that we all have or I'm I just having the prob . Its a FX kit . I have been asked to be a part of our health fair that we have here and Smokey the bear will be their to so I don't have to much time before I have to walk out in the real world in it and not just in the house . LOL . OK sorry of the book I will stop now . :D

thanks you all have a good week

Charlie

snoopytrooper

There are two ways I have seen so far to keep the chest in place.

One is to strap them together from side to side, chest to back. The tighter the better on that one. I used snaps and flat rubber bungie on the FX I had.

The better way would be elastic to be hidden by the ab, connecting the ab to the chest. This is how I am personally going to do the TM. It will connect and allow movement as well. sometimes in the last setup it would ride above the ab and get caught. I did not like that. This will allow some float, but not allow it to ride.

Ill be adding to both the back and chest.

I am sure others will have a few ideas as well!

Best of luck man!

To Nathan you listen.

I have exactly the same thing on my AP .. Since I'm 6'3", my chest piece runs really high on the ab plate and the first few test I've done, the ab plate was coming out from under my chest so I simply put some velcro inside both the chest and ab plate, and an elastic band keeps them one tight over the other.

Never had any problems since then!

There are two ways I have seen so far to keep the chest in place.

One is to strap them together from side to side, chest to back. The tighter the better on that one. I used snaps and flat rubber bungie on the FX I had.

The better way would be elastic to be hidden by the ab, connecting the ab to the chest. This is how I am personally going to do the TM. It will connect and allow movement as well. sometimes in the last setup it would ride above the ab and get caught. I did not like that. This will allow some float, but not allow it to ride.

Ill be adding to both the back and chest.

I am sure others will have a few ideas as well!

Best of luck man!

I was just looking @ that now . I think it will work . I do have the chest and back tight with elastic . I was looking @ the part of putting a snap kit with elastic to keep then together in the front . I think it will work .I will have to get more snaps this week and I will keep you pasted if it works . But I will see . thanks for the input . I am always looking for help .

Today I put on all of my armor on for the 2ND time . I wanted to show my GF son as he is going to be DV this Oct 31ST. When he walked in the door it was like one of the Kodak moments . He was like "that is way cool ". I look @ it as its kinda for the kids to just to make them happy (and yes we all are just kids the toys just cost more now) :D .Just like another posting on here you really don't stop playing with the armor . I have a bit more playing to do before I go out of the house in it . The only prob I seam to have is keeping the thighs up . I have a belt for it but it seams like I still don't have it right but I am working on it . I do have one ? for all that see this . How do you keep the chest plate from riding up to your face . When I put my bucket on and it rides up I cant see sh**. LOL . I have as you can say help it find its spot but maybe I'm not doing something right . All input would help . I was kinda thinking of putting some snaps on the abb and chest plate to keep then riding up on me but only if I have to . I have kind tweaked it some with heat . Is this a prob that we all have or I'm I just having the prob . Its a FX kit . I have been asked to be a part of our health fair that we have here and Smokey the bear will be their to so I don't have to much time before I have to walk out in the real world in it and not just in the house . LOL . OK sorry of the book I will stop now . :D

thanks you all have a good week

Charlie

snoopytrooper

update ; I have put the straps that go from the abb pcs to the chest plate did a semi test fit and this will work . I also fixed the belt for the thigh pcs and it is ok now. i would like to think all of you that helped me with this . I would like to think Troopermaster for his picks that helped me out . Thanks Imperial troopers . I'm sure I will need your help in the future .

Happy to help :D

If you use the strapping in the pic I posted, you should really have no problems at all. The shoulder straps in the pic are canvas, but white elastic is better, and it allows much more movement and less restriction. The good thing about this strapping is that you can simply add extra snaps on the elastic to tighten or loosen the armour for a custom fit.