TK11874 First Troop Log

Mworm1974

Hi all,

I attended my very first troop with the SCG last weekend 16/17 February 2018 at the Sydney Symphony Orchestras screening of ANH.

Date: 16th February 2018

Location: Sydney international convention centre darling harbour 

Climate: 25 to 27celsius slightly humid but a cool breeze settled later in the night. 

I had wrangled at the opening to the last Jedi so I thought that I had some idea of what to expect. How wrong was I.

We arrived at the international convention centre at darling harbour around 1700hrs for an induction and soon after kitted up to address the growing crowd. I must say that I was extremely nervous kitting up for the first time not knowing what was going to happen next. Originally I was selected as a cast member but I think I got canned because of my height against the other troopers. In saying that the cast troopers went inside the building and the rest of us were located outside for a meet and greet.

I’m not sure of the total attendance but let’s say the centre was almost full and I think the seating capacity is around the 8500 mark.

so after a short walk from the green room we made it to the entrance area to the ICC/ greeting area. After a few photos I was asked if I could attend the VIP room where I later found out that the person that had their photo with me was the CEO of the ICC, that’s pretty cool.

After returning to the greeting area more photos were taken but I had a rookie gear failure, my helmet batteries ran out oops. All fogged up and not being able to see anything, I think I still posed for 10 or more photos as I didn’t want to break character. Not long after I fogged up one of the wranglers spotted that I needed help and led me away back to the green room for a quick reset (Genevieve thanks for rescuing me I owe you big time).

we both returned to the greeting area only to be greeted by a massive onslaught of patrons that had arrived in a very short time.

http://25499767847_d4dcf10f5e_m.jpg by -matthewwormleaton- 

(I don’t know who took this photo) I’m the storm trooper in the middle.

After 2 1/2 hours of greeting and photos we retired to the green room to de kit and get ready to see the screening of ANH with the orchestra playing the sound track. To say it was awesome would insult the entire event it was above and beyond what I expected.

i can’t describe how fantastic the experience was for me but let’s say that the imperial bug bit me and I can’t wait until the next troop.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that first troop is always energizing and becomes soooo addictive - glad you had a very memorable experience!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro