MRCE progress

Looking good there!

It´s a bit difficult seeing the bump. Did you use putty to make it? My thought was to use a heatgun and bend it up a little from the inside...but I´m still not sure.

Off to do some sanding now....get ready for white paint.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allrighty, white paint done. I ended up doing 7 or 8 coats (it got to be so many, I lost count).

Next step will be tears, traps, frown, ears and tubestripes before I apply the clearcoat. Hopefully the tubestripes will be in my mailbox any day now, the rest will be hand painted.

Here it is!

Front:

Bilde014.jpg

Left:

Bilde015.jpg

Back:

Bilde016.jpg

Right:

Bilde017.jpg

There are some very minor issues on the finished job, but I feel it just adds some character to it. And I wasn't exactly expecting it too look like clean ABS either :) So I'm happy so far.

excellent work - looks like u are almost done :D

think the ears look fine as well.

the bump IS made of putty - just its general shape. gonna fillit up a bit more so its flushed with the inside and outside of the eye hole. Will post up more once done. Thought abt the heat gun jobbie - but when with putty in the end - cos if it all went wrong - easier to correct bad putty!

wot armour u matching up to btw? FX?

I have the FX on the way... The plan is to, piece by piece, make into an AP.

After the bucked had cured for a few hours today, I noticed there where two spots I have to redo., but nothing big. The dome has a spot which is a bit rough and the neck has a small indent I have to sand just a little and the paint over. I´ll do that tomorrow, after my wife has painted on the tears etc.

Good idea doing the bump with putty. It would totally suck to ruin it with a heatgun:)

Oh well.... started painting the tears and stuff and suddenly the paint started taking on fingerprints and stuff... so I guess the paint hadn't cured enough... Doh!

Gotta redo some of the paintjob along lower "tube" because of this. Guess I'll let it cure 'til tomorrow night and then sand a bit, and add a thin coat or two to fix the snags. On the other hand, the first tear looks to turn out great!!

hey mate - hope ur painting is going well

done a bit more bump work - but not sure whether it fits in or not. Been staring at it for abt a day now, and cant decide

would be interested in comments. Still awaiting ear delivery.... if not entirely happy with it - might completely sand it back down to original

bump02.jpgbump01-1.jpg

also came up with new idea for the ears - would appreciate your (and anyone elses) opinion!

http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopi...sc&start=15

cheers mate

Thanks bro! I'm loving it!

The paint is fully cured and I've gotten the tubestripes on. Tonight it's time for the grey paint...almost there... :)

Did some painting today. Working out ok, but managed to get some paint on the outside, and it´s impossible to remove, so I have to repaint some white when I´m done :-(

Did some painting today. Working out ok, but managed to get some paint on the outside, and it´s impossible to remove, so I have to repaint some white when I´m done :-(

No big deal... I'm still going to have to repaint my frown and stuff once I "touch up" my bumpy parts. It's just part of the process. :)

Yeah I know... it's a process of going back and forth a bit, but it's an enjoyable process at least. I'll be posting some pics of the paintjob later today.

Ok, here are a few updated pics after handpainting frown, tears, traps, ears and vocoder. The lines on the tears and traps will be done tomorrow.

Front:

Bilde020.jpg

Left:

Bilde021.jpg

Back:

Bilde022.jpg

Right:

Bilde019.jpg

More pics to come soon. I'm expecting fans, lenses and neck and browtrim to arrive this week.

Stay tuned:)

Well, I'm still waiting on the trims and lenses for my helmet, but today I recieved tha fans!! There was only one thing to do, install hem ASAP! :)

Here are a few pics of them. The fans are quite big, so bothj sides of the neck was the only place I had room for them. They work well, just hope they still do with a neckseal on:P

Bilde023.jpg

Bilde024.jpg

Bilde025.jpg

Bilde026.jpg

I'm considering purchasing a small one and adding that to the front, by my mouth somewhere.

UPDATE:

Painted the tears, traps and ears tonight. By hand, by myself (since my wife ain't home...) And added necktrim as well. It's coming together.

Back:

Bilde029.jpg

Left:

Bilde027.jpg

Right:

Bilde028.jpg

Necktrim:

Bilde030.jpg

Browtrim will be added as soon as I fix up a few minor paint-snags tomorrow.

Aaaaand it's done!

Bilde031.jpg

Bilde032.jpg

Bilde033.jpg

There are minor scratches and stuff on the paintjob, but they will come sooner or later, so I've decided not to do anything about them. The frown mesh will be added later, as I'm looking at different solutions for it still, same goes for soundsystem.

Hope you guys like it! As it's my first ever build of anything, I'm damn happy with it!

I bought them at a local hardware store. They´re made for workpants, as inserts in kneepockets.

They come in black as well, but it´s getting to be a blue theme in my bucket. Blue padding, blue LED on the fansystem, and two more fans that also are blue, going in the front of the helmet.