Help, Forearms mess up. ANOVOS TK stormtrooper armor

Zero017

Hello everyone, this will be my first post...

I have always wanted some stormtrooper armor and I saved up enough money to get the Anovos TK stormtrooper kit. I was excited and it would be my first kit I have ever attempted to make.  Well my kit came and and everything was coming along smoothly. I completed all my parts and put on the armor. I read somewhere that some people are trimming the armor. I was unable to move my hands up to my helmet so i decided to trim up the forearms. Little did i know that this was a HUGE mistake.  I started trimming one forearm from the forward section (near my hands) of the armor. Once i was able to reach my helmet i decided to cut down the armor some more so that there would be less of a gap between the armor and my skin. I was pretty happy with the results but was naive about the consequence. 

One night I was searching the internet and came across a post about trimming forearm armor and how it should be worn. It then hit me that I was wearing my forearm armor incorrectly, which was causing the lack of movement.  So now comes the problem solving... I did some research and some posts were saying that the armor was able to be repaired... so i tried.  I was able to put most pieces together with E 6000. However some pieces were missing... I filled in the cracks with some white clay and sanded it down. The color of the clay and the armor did not match and there were cracks in the armor. I was not happy so i decided to get some spray paint. Well, i did the spray paint but it just didn't look right and i fear that my armor will either have really bad looking forearms or have none at all. I attempted to contact ANOVOS for replacement parts but they stated they do not offer any. I'm at a loss right now and unable to decided what the next step will be... attached are some pictures of my screw up...

Untitled.png.46613c6ed794794254b9ab9c97874123.pngIMG_0418.JPG.48ecefe4274130c23017a5018b6df9ba.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG.566840d109eba18f31db3b9219ed7792.JPGIMG_0416.JPG.4e3bb2064c2ddf9e516faf58ac68b6df.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG.0e001850aa2f5c6f5722dde4c0f543f1.JPGIMG_0419.JPG.777cc9789949d398be6c289547fa7851.JPG

You can put the pieces back together, but it will be a lot of work - I would suggest you get new parts (see Option B). If you decide to go this route, you will need to reinforce the inside with either more ABS or some sign plastic, then use ABS paste to fill in the gaps on the outside. Then sand and polish 'til it looks like it never happened.

Here's a tutorial on making ABS paste:

Option B is to contact whoever made your armor kit and inquire on how much some new forearms would cost. May be easier, if more expensive. Good luck either way trooper.

EDIT: I see you have an Anovos kit, they unfortunately do not sell replacement parts. ATA or WTF are a good match. Good luck!

Edited by Harbinger

To be brutally honest, you may want to replace those forearms.  The amount of work you are looking at is a lot more than you realize, and I can see a few potential problems arising.

The main one is that the wrist openings look way too large.  You should be able to fit two or three fingers in the opening while wearing them, but no more.  They should have a tapered look at the wrist end, and it looks a bit flared as it is now.

BUT... please don't be discouraged!  With my first set of armor I had to replace several pieces for approval.  As you have surely realized, becoming a TK is not the most inexpensive thing in the world, but I assure you that you will eventually have a great set of armor that you can be proud to wear!

My advice at this point would be to contact ATA for a new set of forearms (the color of the ABS matches pretty close to Anovos) and start following Tony's (ukswrath) Anovos build thread here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

We are here to help, Kevin, just don't let this little setback dishearten you, and please feel free to ask for any advice you may need.

Sorry for the late reply, but I surely do appreciate the Information. I’m currently looking into getting new replacement forearms (buying supplies for repair is becoming to expensive.. also my lack of experience). Me being new to building armor, I am still not sure what ATA or WTF means. Could someone please clear that up for me?

ATA is Affordable Troop Armor, (ATAworks@Yahoo.com) and WTF is Walt's Trooper Factory.  You can PM him here on the FISD   https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/profile/16134-walt/

Hang in there, Kevin!!!

• 3 weeks later...