Blaster - Humbrol vs Tamiya

Suspend

Hey guys, I'm working on an E11 build and thinking ahead to paint.  Most of the build threads I've read use Humbrol spray paint.  Often grey primer, then a metallic silver, followed by flat black.  Now for some reason Humbrol Spray is impossible to find in Canada.  I've checked most of the big hobby stores in the Vancouver area as well as online all over Canada and I can't locate any Humbrol spray cans.  Lots of the little Humbrol tins but no spray.

So, my question is: what is the general opinion of using Tamiya paints for this purpose?  I noticed Humbrol is acrylic and Tamiya is lacquer or synthetic lacquer.  I'm concerned about getting into a situation where I'm following and example from the forum (such as using a Hammer paint from the hardware store) and finding out that it doesn't stick to Tamiya.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

I'm here from across the pond Mark; Victoria doesn't have any locations with full-size Humbrol spray cans either. If Humbrol it is, you may need to settle for on-line purchasing and mail delivery. Sorry, can't speak about the technicalities of paint types and how they may be compatible or not compatible... I'm sure a trooper will chime in shortly.

I used industrial enamel spray paints, worked well, used some humbrol for brass/copper highlighting and didn't react.  Personally I prefer a satin black finish just gives a little more metal look IMO