Hooks for shins question...

rzill

Many people have suggested the tutorial video by TK 1636 in regards to making your own hooks for the shin enclosure.  A couple questions:  First, he uses bailing wire, but doesn't say what gauge.  Anyone know what gauge of bailing wire he used?  Second, has anyone used his method, and how does it work for you?  I am concerned about the drilling of holes into the shins themselves, in which he hooks them together.

Thanks!

I use the bra-hook shin closure and it works great, didn`t go with his turtorial though but it`s basicly the same procedure, you need to fit the shins reasonable tight to your calfs othewise there`s a good chance the hooks come loose, they need tension to stay in there...done right it`s a great system and..it`s screen accurate:duim:

RS suit

-----------

And mine

HbYtgFel.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

5 hours ago, TheSwede said:

I use the bra-hook shin closure and it works great

Thanks, Swede!  It looks like your hooks are put inside holes cut right into the plastic.  Did you do anything to reinforce the holes, or does the plastic hold well enough on its own?

3 minutes ago, rzill said:

Thanks, Swede!  It looks like your hooks are put inside holes cut right into the plastic.  Did you do anything to reinforce the holes, or does the plastic hold well enough on its own?

Yep, drilled and no reinforcment, I got the TM 1,5mm ABS (just like the screen used ones) and haven`t been "trooping for years" but not worried about the plastic not holding up, for instance, did a 4 1/2h troop on TLJ and no issues...if they would tear it`s easy enough to repair with ABS-paste and just drill a new hole or use scrap ABS, don`t have to be pretty since it`s hidden by the cover strip:salute: 

• Like 1