ATA ESB helmet - Decals and Details

Viper0222

Hi all!  Having a blast building our first helmet with my son.  It seems to be going better than I would have thought.  Currently on the waiting list for the the rest of the ATA armor.  Couple of questions, if I may:

1. We are using Testors paint for all the painting.  We just got the the teeth done, but now looking at other pics it looks like maybe we should have used flat black instead of the same gloss black that we used on the vocoder and mic tips.  What is standard for this? My son did such a great job on the teeth I would really hate to have to redo them!

2.  I intend to purchase the proper ESB decal set to finish it, probably from Trooperbay.  Is there a particular set that will match the gray Testors paint (#1138)?  Will the "Classic Trilogy" set work? Some of the sets look a bit blue. Any alternatives?

3. Any comments on the build pics?  The one thing I know is the ear gaps are a little more than I would like, but I think they are acceptable at this point.

Any and all comments very much appreciated.  This is my first thread post on FISD, so please let me know if I screwed something up.

Thanks,

Matt H.

Vacaville, CA

IMG_20171228_144611923 small.jpg

IMG_20171228_144604167 small.jpg