Armor...lets call it 'weathering'.

I was trying to think of ways to make a set of armor stand out in event photos, so that you could say "Hey! Thats me!" and I realized that you could weather armor in pretty much any color.

Dirt may be different color on different planets, trees and grass and other shrubbery might not always been green.

And if you were involved in a close-range fight, the blood stains on your armor might not always be red, either!

Some armor could be stained in grease, while others could show the scorch marks of a blaster hit.

It is also starting to look to me that certain Clone Trooper commanders have different types on art on their armor, so maybe minor armor decals (in theme) would work too.

I'm sure some of this is already done, anyways.

Not quite certain having purple splatter all over your armor meets 501st approval, but its an interesting idea nonetheless.

I dunno, just putting my thoughts down.

Nice :D

Yeah, maybe some light pin striping on the armor.

Maybe a couple of flaming Ewok skulls.

No spin-art, though.

Oh, here's an idea, shrapnel in the armor. Just chucks of debris protruding from the chest plates.

"Now with realistic battle damage!"

I always thought that a "scar" on the armor would be cool.

Trooper got attacked by some creature with huge claws, gets slapped by it, big ole scar across the chest plate, maybe even the legs.

Plus, get it all dirty inside the scar, harder to clean, etc.

Yeah, or even taken a melee hit from a sword or other blunt weapon, and the armor is also covered in the blood from your point-blank blaster hit into the attacker.

You would probably need to melt extra plastic on to where you want it to look like the attack scratched up material, without it actually cutting into your armor too much.