Need Thigh/Shin fitting help

I finished my armor last year just in time for halloween and had some fitting issues (that's the reason for the white tape) and meant to fix them...but life happened and here I am trying to fix them now.

I have already trimmed some from the tops of the thighs and the bottoms of the shins.  But, the shins just don't seem to fit right, the left doesn't want to close completely around my calf muscle, the sniper plate keeps overlapping the thigh and it came unglued.  I can get it to fit better without the boots on.

J54aN8c.jpg

jMCM6zJ.jpg

Do I just need to trim more?  I feel that I should trim more from the thighs, but wanted to check here first before I do much more.  Also, how far below the knee should the shin be sitting, and how far above the knee should the thigh be?

Thanks for the help.

You could use larger cover strips on the backs, this is commonly done for those with larger thighs and calves. Problem you will have though is you will be left with a gap between the ridge sections, you may be able to use some scrap ABS and glue behind and also a small piece in the gap, then fill with ABS paste.

59f6c1ecdbabb_jMCM6zJ1.thumb.jpg.0a6148fd6b4823e8d93bf8e2ff67756e.jpg

From the look of the photo you have the shins rewersed, the "swoop" should go on the inside of your leg to follow the shape of the muscle so try swapping them out and that should help with the fit :salute:

• Like 1

Yes, the calves are on the wrong legs from the pictures and this will help a little with the sizing. Some guys do cut the back of the calves a little at the top. This will also help with walking and movement. I would not cut anything else from the calves though. Cut the top of your thighs if you need to at this point. For the sniper plate. If you have any room you can pad the front of the knee with something. This will help keep the sniper plate in front of your thigh also (this is what I did)