fragarock's Trooping Adventures

fragarock

Hi Guys!

Since I got my 501st approval back in May I've been on three official troops and one un-official night out with the kids at the Zoo Boo here in Royal Oak. The best one and most grueling so far was a 6 hour troop in September at the Detroit Tigers game. This is a yearly event that has a lot of participation from the Great Lakes Garrison, the Great Lakes Base of the Rebel Legion, and the Mandalorian Mercs. 

We had a really large group and there were many different costumes which made it even better. For me this was the first time I actually saw a Vader or Chewbacca costume and they were awesome. 

We got there early to set up and took a few group shots outside the park as the fans started to come into the park. It was quite the scene and super fun to march around the stadium in mass.

Then we headed back downstairs to grab some food and get ready for our march around the in-field and a select group got to throw out the first pitch with some lucky kids.

We then split into groups around the park to say hi to the fans and take pictures, lots of pictures. I'm sure I took at least 300 and for the most part the adult fans were well behaved and had fun. But like all these events, the best part was seeing all the kids who are so excited to see these characters up close for a hand shake, hi-five or picture. 

I was also lucky to be included on the photo shoot by Shawn M. Scott. Shawn is a great photographer who attends many of our events. He does standard photos, but takes a lot of time to craft very cool composite shots with special effects. His work is great and it lets the rest of us have awesome photos to remember the troop. https://www.facebook.com/shawn.scott.18

Take a look, there are some cool pictures! I'll definitely be doing this one next year. Special thanks to Kevin Johnson TK 52105 for organizing the wonderful event.

whJFAba.jpg

Yes, I'm the short one.

StHyvWB.jpg

Our Rebel friends.

Enhvwuu.jpg

The dangerous Mercs.

5zFn75g.jpg

And you think a TK's vision is bad!

O7JZOiZ.jpg

jyGHts8.jpg

F1ZKyM7.jpg

8NQ3tEr.jpg

Q74Kiie.jpg

JIr9iCn.jpg

That's me on the right.

dFCvtMn.jpg

G6KkMh2.jpg

DbBH5WT.jpg

tPadpzZ.jpg

bAMLCva.jpg

j1m86QA.jpg

RcKbBlo.jpg

ySi9Afn.jpg

6Kgfpe2.jpg

vcIVSQR.jpg

yCDWUJz.jpg

g9Ectxl.jpg

mkdJafn.jpg

Jduj53n.jpg

X47ZF9R.jpg

iIf8rOd.jpg

Ka6oia4.jpg

eGJfXT7.jpg

f7GpbKc.jpg

EGVNJOu.jpg

RNA0r1K.jpg

vVpkuEA.jpg

ef4v4S8.jpg

This is one of my favorites, just kickin' back on a golf cart.

jwKgIzm.jpg

OZR8zhB.jpg

4VccA4y.jpg

p6S5UFf.jpg

IJNNowy.jpg

s6RtlO1.jpg

v9MOTfz.jpg

hqrLJ9f.jpg

S4k6HMS.jpg

tG4yUMN.jpg

ZREs1Xg.jpg

fO9fHHe.jpg