ESB TK Armor Advice

Hi All!

So I'm pretty much set on the ESB TK as my first armor build. I was wondering if anyone here has any advice as to where would be some good places to look into purchasing my armor kit? I've been looking at Anovos as an option but have heard that there can be long wait times with them. Does anyone have any decent leads for alternative sources that would be good for an ESB build specifically?

Aside from a good armor source, has anyone else here done an ESB TK before? From the looks of the info on the costuming database the 501st standards for ANH, ESB, and ROTJ look fairly similar aside from some paint differences (especially  bucket wise) and the holster. But I've always felt that the ESB TK armor, especially in the thighs and shoulders had a sleeker sharper look to it. So it seems like trimming and fitting differences might also come into play to achieve the ESB TK look?

Thanks for any advice!

Actually I just found another great thread regarding ESB specifics. Though it mainly focused on the helmet differences (Black frown and decals), and the holster.

So is it just me or does the body armor itself look a little different that ANH armor (I know ROTJ is much different than both)? Almost seems like the shoulderpads angle off a bit more leaving more of the black bodysuit visible, and the cuts of the thigh armor looks a bit different that ANH cuts as well.

Also, would the TK helmet offered by Anovos be acceptable with minor paint adjustments to the frown, and decals over handpainted areas? It says that it is based off of the ANH helmet so I want to make sure that the size and symmetric aspects would be acceptable as ESB.  

Edited by SavageRaddish

ESB and ANH is the same armor. Many people just get a different bucket and belt/holster and switch between the two.

Once you do some research you'll learn the differences. ESB is a good build. There's far less compared to ANH.

Good Luck! And do some reading!

Yeah ANH and ESB are the same armor. Hand guards, helmet, and belt/holster are different. I have a 2nd helmet, belt, and hand guards so I can switch out.

So just take a look at the getting started section and check out the approved armorer's and you should be good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Only differences are the belt, the gloves, and the helmet details.

My ANH stunt is from AP.  I bought a spare belt face from him, another belt to mount it to, a looped holster from a friend, some glove clamshells from TrooperMaster, and a second helmet from AP to paint black/user trooperbay decals on, then hotswap between them as desired :)

Take a look at the vetted armor vendors thread in Getting Started section.  Anyone that makes ANH armor should work fine :)

Awesome! I'm getting my armor this coming Tuesday from a vetted local vendor. So I'll start building at that time. Good news for my build is that the bucket comes with decals so that should take care of that specific, and I'll be doiing the painting of the frown. The armor is for ANH TK so I'll have to pick up are acceptable gloves (which is fine since it doesnt come with soft goods). and the belt/holster. So yeah I'm on my way and am looking forward to starting my build thread and sharing with you all!