"M.O.T" armor

Trueper

So I'm working on a kit that I got off of eBay which I'm gonna try and see if I could get approved by the 501st but also read on here that a few people don't agree with this seller "maker of things" and don't think it's gonna get approved what can I do to make it as legit as possible. This photo has been edited but this is what o got so far.

IMG_1390.PNG

The problem with MOT hasn't been the shape, although it's a known recast. It's been the quality. Several people who's had it have reported the plastic to be so thin and fragile it was breaking apart within days. The armour we recommend will last for years, even during heavy use.

• Like 1

Way back when, (before I was aware of the 501st) I ordered a set of this armor.  During my search for the best way to put it together I discovered the FISD and found out that it would not be acceptable for even basic 501st approval due to the fact that (as Mathias mentioned) MOT is a recaster.  If you are not familiar with that term, it means that they copied someone else's work.

I was really disappointed to find this out, but instead of sending it back I sort of "made lemons into lemonade".  Instead of returning it, I used the build threads on this site to put it together and then sold it on ebay as a complete "Halloween costume" in 3 days (and actually made a profit)!

Doing this gave me some great build experience and gave me the chance to interact with some great folks here on the FISD, which prompted me to order a kit from AM.   

Getting a kit from a vetted seller also has the advantage of giving you the chance to join the 501st.  This way, instead of keeping it in the closet all year except for Halloween or the occasional convention, you have the chance to wear it throughout the year, (our Squad did over 250 appearances in 2016), make some great friends, and put smiles on hundreds thousands of faces.

• Like 3