SW Stop animation Summer Camp

Grande Prairie AB 

Badlands Garrison 

TK Twins Soulart/Pyrayes kicking Imperial A$$ 

July. 21st 2017

Hey Brothers and Sisters! Hoping this post finds you well. 

This troop begins with being out of armor. At work, and listening to the radio.  

I hear the announcer speak of Summer camps offered through the College in the city nearest to me. A Star Wars Stop Animation Camp for 8-11year old younglings. 

What the heck???? How frigging cool is this I think to myself... how come this wasn't offered when I was a young girl!? 

Wait a minute... what could be more imperially cooler, then to end that Camp with real troopers present to surprise those children .... 

Yes.... You are correct. I promptly called the Summer Camp programs Coordinator and left a message mentioning my idea, and that the offer to have this available to them is but an event request away....(no one is aware of us where I live as there's never been a presence)

Next morning, I receive the call that "HEY! Were you the stormtroopers that were in the Canada Day Parade???" 

Why yes... yes we are! 

Fantastic! We'd love you to be here! 

Which brings us to the troop. 

Very quickly this was put together. 

There are not many of us in the area in which I reside. In fact, for the longest time, I was the only one. Exceedingly difficult to troop alone.... I travel a fair distance to troop with my Garrison family. We now have 3 of us close by. I'm still an hour North of my closest brothers. This troop, the other 2 members were regrettably unable to attend, but my TK twin 99725/Pyrates showed up early to be certain I was not alone. I love trooping with my twin. We don't even need to speak! We honestly just mirror one another! This alone is an amazing thing. 

As we round the corner to the gymnasium, the children start screaming. Cheering. Standing at a full attention, and saluting as  Captain Phasma enters the area. So amazing! Even the camp attendants were in awe of the reaction. 

We greet them all, and truly they were kind of speechless! In awe. Overwhelmed with how cool it was for them. Non stop chatter and excitement. They told us how the camp was. That they animated with our figures. 

We posed for pics, were hugged non stop, engaged in Pool noodle light saber battles, and were fed  Dark side cookies decorated by the children. Thank you to Lisa and Lyle, this areas newest recruits for coming out to handle for us, and to experience firsthand what it is they are going to become a part of,  as soon as their armor kits are built. 

A very enjoyable troop lasting only an hour. A very impactful hour. And rewarding on so many levels. It is My honor, as it always is  to be able to be involved in making a moment in someone's day unforgettable and special. To give of ones self, with the hopes their lives are touched in a positive way that makes a difference to them somehow. To also introduce all we do as an organization - our Legion - to an area that has never experienced us before. Oh but they will be..... They. Will. Be...... 

With a happy heart, 

Soulart

TK-41307 

P. S. 

Again, I am unable to upload pics tonight. I'll try again tomorrow. Xo

• 2 weeks later...