2017-Viewing//Posting Pictures on this Forum? This affects you.

Just a heads up for the folks selling/buying things on this forum or posting pictures of your builds. IF YOU USE PHOTOBUCKET TO POST YOUR PHOTOS,  as of July 6th 2017, Photobucket now requires people to pay for the ability to see photos on 3rd Party Websites. That means if you post  pictures on this website, which is considered a 3rd Party Website, the people going to your thread cannot see the photos of your product or builds unless you have purchased Photobucket's Plus 500 plan which according to their site is $40 U.S. dollars a month ($480 a year). Now there are other sites like www.flickr.com that offer free 3rd Party Website picture sharing so there is no need to pay $40 a month to see photos. However, if you want to continue to use Photobucket or purchase the $40 a month plan, that is entirely up to you. I am not advocating one way or the other. This is just a public service announcement. 

Here is an example of what people who do not have the Plus 500 plan will see when looking at a thread on the Forum:

img%5D

Here is a screenshot of Photobucket's policy change:

img%5D

Edited by Jayben Kenobi
  • Like 1

Yes this is a very unfortunate situation that is going to effect many forum communities.  I know it is very unlikely that people will go back in time to fix their threads but I plan to do so with my threads.  I am also going to move this thread into the Tech Support Center instead of the current place.

There's a few threads on this throughout the forums, it is going to affect many and unless we all want to pay it's going to be a lot of work transferring photos and links into build threads, especially when you have more than just a few ;)