Your experience using shoe lifts

I have been thinking about getting using shoe lifts in my boots. I am 5'6''-5'7'' and it would be nice to get up to 5'8''-5'9''. Anyone have any pictures of how they look with lifts on? Does it get tiring standing in them? 

I'm also curios what kind of lifts you use and if you had to order bigger boots. 

• Like 1

I'm just building a Vader right now and since I'm only 5'10", I'm learning a lot about lifts. Depending on the amount you want to raise, you do need to increase your shoe size 1-2 sizes. This will give you a little more room at the top of your foot. Remember your foot angles upwards in lifts (like wearing high heels) so you need that extra space. I went 1.5 sizes larger and I'm able to fit 1.5" lifts relatively comfortably but 2" is quite painful for me on the top of the foot. Of course these are different style boots than TK so I'm not sure how it'll translate to Chelsea boots. Personally, I don't think you're THAT short. Whether you're 5'6" or 6'0", you'll still hear "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper". It's inevitable.... LOL

FWIW, I think I went with: https://www.myliftkits.com Good luck!

Here's me in my lifts on my first rough fit:
----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

I wear 1.5" lifts in my boots while trooping.  I'm 5'4", so I need all the height I can get.  I ordered my boots one size larger than what I usually wear in order to accommodate the lifts, and they're quite comfortable.  After several hours trooping, my feet don't hurt at all (but my lower back does!).  I think that I'm almost 5'7" when fully kitted up with helmet now.  You can't tell if someone is wearing the lifts from the outside because everything fits inside the boot.  I ordered my lifts from Amazon (Kalevel Height Increase Insoles).

I'm the first trooper from the right.

34929195295_1ba67d403e_c.jpg

• Like 1

I wear 1.5" lifts in my boots while trooping. I'm 5'4", so I need all the height I can get. I ordered my boots one size larger than what I usually wear in order to accommodate the lifts, and they're quite comfortable. After several hours trooping, my feet don't hurt at all (but my lower back does!). I think that I'm almost 5'7" when fully kitted up with helmet now. You can't tell if someone is wearing the lifts from the outside because everything fits inside the boot. I ordered my lifts from Amazon (Kalevel Height Increase Insoles).

I'm the first trooper from the right.

34929195295_1ba67d403e_c.jpg

Thanks so much, ive gone back and forth on if I should get new armor or not, as I think TM armor would look big on me. My second choice would be ata, but it's not quite as accurate in my eyes. But It's nice to know I could get some extra height if I need it. And if it works the same for me that would probably make me almost 5'9" in armor. If anyone else has some pics please share them. Edited by psychotropic

I just got my tkboots and tried them on with 1.25" lifts. Not unbearable, but definitely not comfortable at the top of the ankle for me. I'm 5'6 barefoot, I'm a little over 5'8 with the boots and lifts. I'm not really bothered by my height, since I'll be shorter than the rest of the garrison, anyway, so I don't know if I'll rock the lifts or just go natural.