Do charitable appearances have to be pre-approved?

Hello<br><br>

First, my apologies for probably posting this where it doesn't belong. <br><br>

I am just getting started on my kit (ordered from RS) and am getting emmersed into the 501st. My adult son and I will be applying for membership within the next few months.<br><br>

Our biggest driver is charity. My question is do I have to pre-approve charitable appearances (such as hospitals, etc.) or any other "events" at schools, etc.? For example, if my son and I both want to call a local kids hospital and arrange to make an appearance, does this have to be vetted or somehow pre-approved by the local folks. <br><br>

Sorry if it's covered someplace else - I tried to find the answer and could not.... Please direct me to where I can find answers.<br><br>

Thanks in advance

I would suggest that if you intend on planning a visit or running an event, that you have it run through your local Garrison. We are ambassadors of LucasFilm/Disney when representing the 501st, and have been granted the special privilege of dressing up as one of their characters outside of their control. Your Garrison will ensure the event is a right fit for the 501st, that your are safe, that the general public are safe, and that "The Mouse" is kept happy.

Also, think of it this way  ... you are showing up in a masked costume with a replica firearm ... Hi Officer!

• Like 1

Speak to your local Garrison.  I am sure they will have a program in place where you can source a troop and then pass it on a team inside the garrison to ensure everything's above board.

• Like 1

Definitely run it by your SL (squad leader) or CO (commanding officer) you may not be aware that they already have a contact with who you are wanting to troop with, they also may already have troops being organised with them.

Here we must have a working with children check card which a lot of charity's ask us for if we work with them, rules are different all over the world so definitely speak to your garrison command.

• Like 1