HDP bucket

so Im getting my TK armor... YAY!!!! and have a question I searched through the first several pages and never found any thing on HDP, I was told for utmost accuracy for ANH to get the HDP, I didnt realize how flimsy it is.... I hear HDP and think High Density must = tough good quality.... ok so it is very durable but just seems so damn flimsy..... any one have an HDP bucket what are your thoughts??

The original helmets are made from Polypropylene and they are pretty rigid. I have handled the original ANH helmet owned by RS prop masters and it is quite sturdy. It felt just like the replica I made several years ago. It is an old myth about them being made in HDPE or LDPE.

• Like 3

HDPE and LDPE are very similar to PP but not the same. When RS was testing plastics they formed with them all and PP was the winner. The HDPE felt like a washing up liquid bottle (very flimsy). HDPE did not give the same look as PP and the tubes always ended looking weird. DL and TE also have the weird look and they were made from HDPE in varies colours except khaki.