butt joint and cover strip method

TKEddie

a8e468534fc2875fe9cea986767f3f02.jpg

Here is a little visual sketch. You basically bring the two half together, for instance the biceps, butt them together and cover with a strip.

I hope this clears is up a little.

• Like 4

a8e468534fc2875fe9cea986767f3f02.jpg

Here is a little visual sketch. You basically bring the two half together, for instance the biceps, butt them together and cover with a strip.

I hope this clears is up a little.

Thank you! This was helpful.

• Like 2

As far as the inside strips goes, you do not need to make them perfect. They are only for strength and do not need to be perfect. They are not seen. I have some butt joints that I used two or three smaller pieces, instead of using one ling strip. That way I could use up my small scrap pieces and save the bigger pieces in case I needed them.

• Like 1

Some great there advice about interior cover strips.  The most important place to have them is on the calves, as these get a lot of stress from opening and closing them.  Some kits include enough extra ABS for these, but scraps will do just fine.  They don't have to be pretty (no-one sees them), just functional.

HINT:  Do the inside cover strips first.

• Like 2