Almost finished! And stuck..

Hello! 

The building is complete for my Anovos TK! But now I am realizing that fitting the armor to my body is proving to be just as difficult. 

I am struggling to keep my thighs from not hitting my legs (I have put some foam inside the thighs) and placed the thigh connector strap to the torso plate, but it keeps falling down, impeding my walking. 

Basically, what are some good tips to keep everything snug. I will admit, I have lost weight when I first purchased the kit, so that could be a problem, but with the extra foam I plan to take up some space that way. 

Would using a heat gun work? Any, and I mean any tips would be appreciated. 

Pics are below so please feel free to critique as necessary. 

IMG_0609_zpscera53tj.jpgIMG_0610_zpsoqjtsmij.jpgIMG_0612_zpsqs3ruwun.jpg

Sadly, and I hate to be the one to tell you this... but... it's not almost finished. It needs a lot of work still. The fit is the most important part of the build. If it doesn't fit, the strapping is almost incidental. Foam can help on the odd spot but it doesn't compensate for a poor fit.

For starters, your vambraces (forearms) and biceps need to be fitted (read: have material removed) to fit correctly. Most of the cover strips I see need to be removed and reapplied, the left calf is too loose and built with a twist, the sniper knee is mis-applied... the list goes on...

So, how do we fix these issues? First (assuming you used E6000)... Relax... all are fixable.... unless you used CA... then... well... persevere but your life will be a lot more complicated. Second, look at the many wonderful build threads here and take notes on fitting the pieces to your body, trimming and general attachment procedures. Third, decide what stays and what goes and then tear it apart and start resculpting the armor. You'll see a marked improvement once it's assembled correctly and you'll be happier in the long run though it may seem daunting now.

Edited by Addertime

I'd start with the thighs, these are the first parts on when you kit up.

What's hitting and where, are they too big, are they too snug or just so? Looking at them they want to come up a shade but there's stuff in the way.

You're arms, abs, back, butt and belt also need looking at but one step at a time is the best way to good results.

I'd also agree that having a poke through some of the Anovos builds its a good idea, maybe start by going to the centurion section and finding some members who cleared Anovos at level 3 so you can see what they did to get there. (plug: I'm one of them and I have a handy link to my build in my sig)

Lots of really helpful builds here on Fisd, wouldn't hurt to have a look through some of them

You’ve got some work ahead of you trooper. I’m going to say you’re 65% there. Sizing the ABS to your body and making the strapping fit your body are very important, and it looks like you may have missed those steps in a few areas. I’ll list a few areas of improvement. Please don’t take this as negative. It’s actually positive, as my comments, and those of others, are signs that we want you to look your best and represent the 501st as best as you can. You can and will get there. When in doubt, post a question with a pic if possible. And feel free to check out the reference gallery and Centurion Builds/Applications, as they will direct you to the best looking TK’s in the world.

Now for the observations…

Your biceps look to be oversized. Remove the coverstrip(s) and remove some circumference, and re-apply coverstrip.

Your forearms look to be oversized. Remove the coverstrip(s) and remove some circumference, and re-apply coverstrip.

Are your shoulder bells and your biceps strapped together? The bicep should rest under the shoulder bell.

How are your shoulder bells attached to your shoulder straps? They shouldn’t be sitting that high.

Your belt looks to be riding a little high; I’m guessing you don’t have snaps to your ab plate yet?

The drop box elastics are a little too long.

The drop boxes should align with the end of the ABS part of the belt, yours are a little too far towards center.

Do you have any snaps/Velcro securing your kidney plate and ab plates?

You need some more strapping between your kidney plate and butt plate. That will prevent the butt from popping out at the sides.

A pic of your strapping system might help us diagnose some of the fitment issues.

The rivets on your thigh ammo belt are too high, they should be on the “square” part of the thigh at the bottom.

Check the length and straightness of all of your cover strips.  Some extend too far, some are applied askew.

A TK needs some room in the calf for muscle flex, but do you have too much? Also, the openings to the calfs should face inwards. Your right leg is correct, you left leg needs to have its coverstrip flipper to the other side of your calf.

Deep Breath! Take your time. Have a look at a few builds and pics, and then address one thing at a time. We are all here for support.  :duim:  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, not that well. I've tried to take things apart one at a time, and once I think I have one thing set, another piece feels off. I'm going to reach out to my local garrison to see if someone can help me fit things properly. My goal is to get this before Celebration, and though there's time, I just hope there ENOUGH time. 

That's a good idea Nick. Your Local Garrison will be able to help you out.

But don't be afraid to post some pics of your issues/fixes here on FISD. We've all had issues getting our armor to fit/look proper, so it's not out of the ordinary for a trooper to need some help. We're all here to help, and would love to see you ready for Celebration! :smiley-sw013::duim: