My Experience with Doopydoos

Zechs

I really hope that my experience with them was a fluke, but I will NEVER order from them again.  I ordered my Hasbro E-11 mod kit back on October 6th.  I knew it could be a while before I heard anything so I didn't worry about it.  On November 6th, I received an email saying that my order had been "dispatched".  My roommate received his kit in a week and a half so by those standards, this was a long time, but still not terrible I thought.  By comparison, I waited nearly a year for my ANOVOS TK kit.  When I hadn't heard anything by early December, I sent them an email asking for an update and it went unanswered.  January rolls around and the same thing, no answer so I sent another email which also went unanswered.  At this point, I had been waiting over 4 months for my kit and haven't received it or heard anything from them.  I opened a case against them with Paypal and they had roughly 3 weeks to answer that call before I decided to escalate the issue and have them issue me a refund.  A week later, Paypal got back to me and returned my money.  That was earlier this week, so in total I waited five months for nothing.  I can not recommend them to anyone, especially since everyone I talked to received their kits within just a couple weeks of ordering it.  

So in conclusion, if you are looking to get an E-11 kit from Doopydoos, my advice is to take your money elsewhere.  They don't seem to mind taking your money, but don't want to deliver on their products.

I had a similar situation with my order. I ordered from the Doopydoos site and heard nothing for months. I called, emailed and then asked paypal to look into the order. They got nothing back from them either. Months passed so I asked for my money back from Paypal which I got. I then ordered another doopydoos E11 from ebay from a seller (who had them but weren't doopydoos people) and It arrived in days and was perfect. Loved building it.

I have ordered several E-11s from them, and the wait time was always lengthy... up to 11 weeks.  Their lack of communication is legendary, but I have never heard of them actually not shipping the product.  I also had to contact Paypal and ask them to intercede, but I eventually received what I ordered.  Sorry to hear about your order!

Given that I ordered it on October 6th, I've now waited almost 20 weeks, which is completely unacceptable.  Paypal has already refunded my money so it's all good there.  Thankfully a local garrison member had a full E-11 kit that he sold me so I'm still able to make my gun.  However, I won't be ordering from them again and have been telling others to order elsewhere if possible.

The doopydoo kit is one of the best out there for both quality and price (and there for value).  But their already poor customer service seems to be getting worse and worse from what I've been reading.  I was toying with buying another last summer/autumn but the rumours of stuff taking even longer put me off.

There may well be a perfectly valid reason for all these delays but thanks to the "legendary" comms issue we'll never know.  Guess it's time for us to all move on, which is a real shame.

• 3 weeks later...