Need ATA ANH Stunt helmet help

ninjagoat25

Hi everyone, I am currently working on my first build. I got my helmet though ATA. While I'm waiting on my armor I am building the helmet. I now am at the point where I really need help. The dreaded ears.

Here is a picture of what my right looks like:

Front: 1355896bb22c3b76ffb9886cf5e91ecc.jpg

Back: 93560970c6bfb22c1b490a42e4c971d5.jpg

I do have an extra ear so if this is beyond repair.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If it helps, I just completed my ATA helmet build and had difficulty in the exact same location. Perhaps it's part of the cannon mold. Since I plan on building more, I moved on to address later or not at all. Here's a pic.

99fa50a46445f66a9fe4f9ac5f18b56e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To avoid creating a new thread, I thought I'd add my help request in this one.

Part of my brain says I shouldn't freak out until I do my cutting, but the other part is trying to put this puzzle together and just isn't seeing it. The attached photo isn't cut, but I'm trying to figure out in my head how these two pieces are going to fit together without huge gaps. I know there will be some gap and the ear pieces will cover them, but am I just blind this early on? Am I panicking for no reason? This is an ATA mold and it seems (again, from my newbie perspective) that the cap n back is too large. Thoughts?

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 1/22/2017 at 2:54 AM, Automic said:

To avoid creating a new thread, I thought I'd add my help request in this one.

Part of my brain says I shouldn't freak out until I do my cutting, but the other part is trying to put this puzzle together and just isn't seeing it. The attached photo isn't cut, but I'm trying to figure out in my head how these two pieces are going to fit together without huge gaps. I know there will be some gap and the ear pieces will cover them, but am I just blind this early on? Am I panicking for no reason? This is an ATA mold and it seems (again, from my newbie perspective) that the cap n back is too large. Thoughts?

Hey Matt,

Don't worry about how the bucket looks right now. Once you have the pieces trimmed and screw them together the parts will flex, and fit together. The ears cover the deference in shapes of the face plate and cap.

Here is mine screwed together. 

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hey Ninjagoat25,

The back of the ear looks okay. The front however, to me, looks like there is a little more gap than normal. I would try to hand sand the round top part of the ear to get it to fit more flush with the bucket. That may help to lessen the gap. You could also, last ditch effort, use some scrap ABS and ABS paste to make a small shim and fill in the gap.

Ah the dreaded ears of the ATA...don't worry, once you get things trimmed and the screws start tightening up you end up with something like this...

6b9584b534ce1394166639e3e72d63d3.jpg50d6572cd0b0145a055a807ea155d8e0.jpg130852d8092ea97fc1901242175eab09.jpg

Mines an ATA as well and I had the same thoughts about it. Once things tighten up it takes shape. Caveat - my paint scheme is ESB, not ANH.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,<br><br>

I am just in the process of building the ATA helmet and I have found that the right side of the cap has less material to overlap the face if you trim to the markings on the cap and face. My one does overlap enough to fix together and I think the ears will cover the rest, has anyone had this issue too.<br><br>

Matt