Tall Trooper Struggling

Hi everyone,<br>

I've got trooper armour I m pleased with and the local garrison are happy apart from one thing - too much black undersuit showing between the pieces. I m 6 ft 5. If I pull the thighs up to the abs I make a big black knee. If I pull the abs down, to meet the thighs - the chest/back will not overlap the abs. Can you use shims to lengthen the legs?<br>

any advice would be appreciate.<br>

ta<br>

Jason

Hi Jason,

Who is the maker of your TK armor? Just curious. I know RT-Mod is pretty good for larger troopers. I wish I was more help, but shimming for tall troopers is something I am unfamiliar with. Hopefully another of my brothers can weigh in on your dilemma. Hang in there trooper.

Jason, you don't say where you are based but there are at least a couple of makers who supply extended shins - TM and RWA to name a couple, but they are here in the UK.

Would probably close-up the gaps by about 3".

Extended shins are a good idea, depending on which kit you have. If you're going to do that, then it's important to color-match the plastic as closely as possible - which means you'll want to get them from whomever made your kit.

Other than that, regardless of who made your kit (some kits are pulled to allow for somewhat larger than screen accurate bodies) it's mostly a matter of positioning the parts such that the amount of black undersuit showing is balanced out across your body.

On a side note, being 6'5" is not unmanageable. We have a 6'5" trooper in my garrison (he wears an NE kit) and he looks pretty good. We have another trooper who is 6'8" and he wears an Anovos kit. There is a lot of undersuit showing, but again, if you balance it out it becomes less of an issue.

Yeh sorry, forgot to mention colour-matching. One white ABS sheet is invariably different to another :D<br><br>

Most vendors will supply a small sample piece for a nominal fee (or free, if you're lucky :) )

I have heard of troopers splitting the ab and adding a shim behind the belt. Gives another 2-3 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what our garrison's 6'8" trooper did as well.

• 1 month later...

I have heard of troopers splitting the ab and adding a shim behind the belt. Gives another 2-3 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't you have to add the same amount of a shim to either the butt or kidney pieces?