Hand Plates

2hGLIIw.jpg

Blaster Left

ANtVpvc.jpg

Blaster Right

oQ6piLk.jpg

Blaster Top

zpGeuwi.jpg

Thank you for your consideration! Now after all this hard work, this trooper needs to get some food....  :smiley-sw013:

ODUJVHh.jpg

Edited by kamikaze
  • Like 1

Armor looks great.  I love the electronics setup.  Where did you get the switch box?

Thanks! Ok so I got a small project box that had the right width/height for the area but was too deep to use for an already tight fitting helmet. I trimmed it down on the belt sander so it is just 15mm deep, and mounted it onto a 28ga steel plate piece I crafted (and painted black) which has internal mounting holes for the hovi tip screws (which are also my speakers). It all came together to make a perfect unit securing the hovi tips and switch box solid at the chin while still being able to fit my head in there with everything else mounted inside it. The 1/4" thick neoprene padding I used to line the whole helmet makes the already small RSP bucket that much more tight, it was quite a fun project to find a solution to get all these electronics mounted and wired seamlessly in that thing and still look clean! My chin actually gently rests against the top half of the box which actually makes the helmet more snug and secure. The bucket really grabs my head solid, I added a couple black ACH/MICH army pads near my cheeks/ears on each side (which aren't in the picture) that created a perfect final fit in the end.

This is the project box I used (the AS size): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002BBQNM

These are the switches I went with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JT7D0G

Edited by kamikaze

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Derrick thanks for your patience and for your EIB application.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos are present and your armor displays all the elements required for Level 2 Badge. Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry!!         :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by us and your fellow troopers. Suggestions made here are to improve the overall look and accuracy of your armor. If these suggestions would effect an application they will be mentioned in the above or below sections. We have a couple areas we think could use some improvement. As mentioned in our PM the forearms should remain as intended. We understand you cut them out to increase movement in wrist area but we think you cut off too much, so much it effects the look of the armor. Though it will be ok for EIB we're requiring it be fixed, or replace the forearms before you apply for Centurion, if you choose to do so. 

9okm56C.jpg

Reference photo

3j6lm1x.jpg?1

Another area we feel could use a little improvement would be remove some of the lower chest plate return edge. It's a little thick. Especially since you're not using brackets you could trim it down a bit to give the area a cleaner, more uniformed look.

JhISt9v.jpg

Reference photo

AWRIAvY.jpg

One final note, the Hovi tips are supposed to be white on the inside. Below is a reference photo

iN9Zexg.jpg

Reference photo

qjvGXeE.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this area we try to prepare you for Centurion. As mentioned above your forearms will need to be repaired ore replaced. That said, hope to see you at Centurion and congratulations again.    :salute:

• Like 1

Sweet! Thanks so much, very happy to get the EIB badge and will certainly push forward for Centurion!!!

I understand the wrist issue, while great for range of motion I admit that from a cannon perspective it can be an issue and will replace the forearms with a new pair cut to screen specs.

Interestingly enough, I also was contemplating removing some of the return edge on the chest since as you see it is quite thick (too thick imho). I also think I can do the same for the ab and back plates, it could also result in a more comfortable fit.

As for the hovi tips, the speaker used inside them is black. Seems like I need to find one that is white instead. I see your kits have white speakers, since I just need to swap out the tips with my system do you sell those separately by chance?  :)