Anovos Rubber Gaskets Question

Bulldog44

I had received Anovos gaskets that were already assembled and found that after trooping with them the gaskets cause lots of problems due to them shifting when I move my arms. There are only two horizontal straps to secure them;one across the chest and one across my upper back. I think the gaskets were assembled to fit a person with bigger arms so I need to probably do some trimming  to get a better fit to my arm. At the moment when I move my arms the bicep armor gets pushed down and the shoulder bells lift up from the gaskets moving around too much. The shoulder gaskets are not affixed to the bicep armor though like the FO armor from the movie.

I cut open one gasket to trim it but starting to get second thoughts.  I also I noticed while cutting there was black threading near the armpit seam I guess to secure the parts coming together.  Sorry I do not have photos but just wondering if I should do a bit more trimming to get a slimmer fit or should I just try securing the gaskets to the inside of the biceps first? 

I still plan on adding some more horizontal support straps on the front and back. 

now that i cut open one gasket I need to re-glue it but not sure i can find a good enough glue here in Japan for that. Would bicycle tire repair glue be good or not recommended? 

Any help is appreciated. :)

Great question, sir!  Although I admittedly know nothing about FO armor, that actually sounds like a brilliant idea using tire repair glue, Brian.  It might be wise to use a bit of the extra rubber itself for an inside "cover strip" of sorts for added strength.  If you get the go-ahead from a fellow FO TK that it will work, I would suggest taking some detailed photos during all the steps (and the results) of this repair.  You could then post a thread as a tutorial for others in the same position.  

• Like 1

Thanks Joseph and Mark for replying. I went ahead and cut open the one of gaskets to trim it to a better size that fits. But I tried the tire reapir glue and it did not work, tried loctite rubber glue too but nothing. It seams the gaskets are more of a latex than regular rubber. I think I have the second or third generation gaskets so maybe they switched materials. <br><br>

Unfortunately they do not sell the Elmer's super glue here. I need to get these sealed up aSaP but losing hope. Might just have to sew them up for now and use regular super glue to get them to hold.

Edited by Bulldog44