Bottom half fit...or does it?

Skippy

I just finished putting together my lower half (minus the cover strips, sniper plate and ammo) and I was just trying to figure out the fit. I cant bend my legs at all. I was planning on cutting out the back of the knee a little, but how does the rest fit? I think I should maybe trim the thighs, but I wanted to check here first.

post-28601-0-62001200-1474422930_thumb.jpg   post-28601-0-11523200-1474422943_thumb.jpg

You can definitely start by removing all of the return edges (the "lips" that curve inward) at the top of the thighs, James.  Leaving these on can (and will) cause chafing.  This will give you a bit more room.  Looks as if you could also remove some of the length at the top, but be sure to follow the existing line, and remember the saying "measure twice, cut once".  I would hold off on this until you get the top part of the armor fitted so that you don't remove too much.  You should check out some of the build threads to see how this should look.

• Like 4

I had a similar issue when I first suited up.  Removing most the return on the toop allowed me to pull the thighs up that little bit more and made all the difference, I don't even need cresants now.

Though as joseph suggests get everything else done first.  Final adjustments for fit and comfort need to be done as a whole really.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
  • Like 2