Chopper857's ANH TK Stunt build

Duct tape is my new best friend, feels like I'm getting somewhere. Used duct tape on the front inside edge,  gave me basically a live hinge which i hope will help a lot when i come to do the sizing up  

wip%203_zpsa7bugbgl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

as things are moving in the right direction (well feeling more confident now a days) have gone back tho the arms think i will have major E6000 sessions during xmas break.

Any way turns out my average bicep is the same diameter as the wife's Hendricks bottle :blink: so used this for initial sizing .

bicep%202_zpspscgwr82.jpg

things didnt finish up to bad still using duct tape to hold it all together like the thighs clean up, smooth out and cover strips required 

biceps%203_zpsk4f3aebe.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

• 2 weeks later...

started with the biceps first as smallest strips, have left oversize on length as will file and shape to suit bit worried about placement movement, this was done over a few days as not the largest collection of clamps

biceps%202_zpsic9vmmf9.jpg 

Ok hoping for some feedback, i know the RS Armour is one of the most wonky (probably not the best description) but would you live with the gaps on the cover strip or have another go ??????????

biceps%204_zpsvmxglkow.jpg

Moving on to the forearms now gluing techniques are steadily improving,  the clamp faces were a bit wide so i cut up some of scrap pieces from the cover strips to use as spacers for the clamps giving me now a nice solid hold either end of the cover strip 

forearm%202_zpskz3e24ki.jpg

I'd do those over personally. When I did mine I did one side at a time to get a proper flat join. You'll need magnets to help clamp the middles when you close the loop though.

thanks will do, this join was the worst of them had the most curvature which was worrying me, The forearms because the were longer I have switched to the one edge at a time seems to be working pretty well now 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok after spending the Christmas break gluing, pulling apart, cleaning and re gluing  :6: . have now found method that is working better after a bit more research. Basically i have taped either side of the gluing area and scuffed up the Armour slightly and  the underside of the cover strip to give a keying surface for the glue, although still possible to pull apart but slightly better foundation.

bicep%20re%20do_zpsz8nsfhfc.jpg

once i had the glue applied i suppose i might have used a excessive amount of magnets!! but it was going to work this time.

bicep%20re%20do%202_zpsjcyiyrd6.jpg

but i am happy to report that indeed it has worked this time and i have a finished set of Biceps  :D

finished%20biceps_zpsg1s9rwgn.jpg

flushed with success from the Bicep incidents, though i would go easy and finish the shoulder bells. Using my double straw and bit of lead to layout for the returns, there are now all cleaned up and ready to go   

shoulder%20bells_zpsirhlvugf.jpg

this week i intend to finish the forearms, starting to move in the right direction again :)  

• 2 weeks later...

Ok having done all that have now gone for first test fit prior to applying cover strips to the rear of the thighs,  hoping  to get some feedback gents  on positioning especially  the shins people currently have not done any adjustment on the length/height ?? have just removed the returns on the bottom 

thanks 

test%20fit%20one_zpsxiwd9tjt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

whilst waiting on all that e6000 going off started to look at the strapping system ??

oh and found a really old sewing machine !!!!!!!

strapping_zpsknhtnyue.jpg

once i figured it all out (the machine that is) made all the loops for the main body things were going well so made to sets 2" and 2.5" just in case might help with fit and balance

strapping%202_zps9ha6pgg2.jpg

after that short sewing interlude back to gluing attempting to size the rear of the shins is a real pain  :angry: .

have decided to glue the front cover strip in place and then go for final sizing it might help 

shins3_zpshrs15eea.jpg

seem to be getting a lot of mis alignment at the back with regards to the top edges. might be a RS thing not sure but will drop them a note anyway?? held in place with a clamp whilst the front cover strip sets (you can see better in the earlier test fit if anyone has any good ideas)

Edited by Chopper857

whilst the shins are setting thought i would get on with some simple bits, button pieces done drop boxes next. Is there a favored depth for the drop boxes seem to see a large mix from 10 mm to 15 mm or is it just what suits what you have got ??

drop%20box_zps0qysgbvc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

thanks christian, carried on working on the drop boxes along with the other bits relating to the belt i.e main belt box trim and fit 

belt%201_zpsyk3pbs7l.jpg

Then I added the holster  and did a test clip on the chest plate

belt%202_zpsl8olsotw.jpg